SVT Forums

03 Cobra in theft mode-wont come out. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

Default 03 Cobra in theft mode-wont come out. HELP!

Thanks for looking..

Ok long story short, I was pulling out of a parking lot and the car just shut off on me. Would crank but no start. Pushed it into a spot, checked some things and realized the fuel pump wasnt turning on. I went into fuel pump diagnostic mode, checking fuses relays, FPDM, etc, everything fine. Had to tow it home. The next morning someone mentioned PATS and asked if the THEFT light was blinking at me while cranking, along with a lined out odometer. Sure enough that is the case. Im thinking transponder in the key, maybe tranciever, etc...neither. So I plug in my Predetor and the damned thing doesnt recognize my vehicle anymore. I tow it to Ford to have them fix PATS issue,to reflash the ECU, and there telling me they cant communicate either(or at least the service writer initially said that after plugging in his little diagnostic tool) They had to keep it overnight for "further" diagnostic. Has any of you experienced this befor?! I really need to know what to expect. Even if the ECU went bad, thats not too big a deal, they are all over the internet for like $250. I will have to re tune but...that can be arranged.

Not sure it matters but the car has the following mods:
K&N FIPK intake
o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster American thunder Catback
2.8 steeda pulley and 100mm snub
Diablosport pulley tune
Suspension work(unrelated)

Thats it, car rran fine to this point......PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:36 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

if they cant communicate with the pcm, it could be a wiring, bad pcm, or a network issue. no diag over the net for this, let them get to the bottom of it and let us know what they found
Old 06-05-2015, 09:55 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

Hey thanks for responding. ...so they said a wire shorted out the ccrm. Witch makes sense now since the ccrm controls power to the pcm and the fuel pump. They are replacing the ccrm and re wiring the shorted wires. (apparently there was an amateur repair done in the past). They said as long as the pcm was not damaged it should come back online. I hope so because I had it dyno tuned at Steeda not to long ago and she was running like a beast.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:59 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

sounds like you have a good tech working on it, you will be melting the tires in no time lol
Old 06-05-2015, 10:40 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

I hope so. If the pcm is damaged that would suck. I would have to order one online and be down for several more days and have to be completely re tuned! :/
Old 06-05-2015, 10:43 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

jwog666, I just noticed your a senior tech with Ford?...thats pretty cool. Your a good guy to know on here . lol. Thanks again for chiming in , in the first place.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:52 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

np, any time i can help i try to. if u need to retune, you should check with steeda, they should have your tune on file and can program it right back in without all the dyno time
Old 06-05-2015, 04:44 PM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

Man am I bummed! They had to order the CCRM...won't be there till Monday the earliest. I may be without her till Tuesday!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:55 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Pardon me for stepping in here, but what is the ccrm?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 PM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

constant control relay module. It controls several things. fuel pump, communicates with ecu, fan relay is on there too I believe, among other things. ..

Quick Reply: 03 Cobra in theft mode-wont come out. HELP!