Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

BIG NEWS Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

I saw a picture of the Fuzion superimposed over the Stang last night. The dimensions are EXACTLY the same. I mean, it's literally a Fuzion front end we see here. With that said, ok I will dare to say that Ford (conspiracy theory here) put a Fuzion front end on the mule car to get 'Stang fans all worked up and to throw off what we think the car will look like. I mean, it's the 50th anniversary car, and we think they are going to make it a Fuzion clone! So, maybe, just maybe this is the situation and the production model will have a better front end and we'll all be like, "Oh, damn you Ford you sneaky bastards!"

Either way, it'll probably grow on us no matter what as we all know each new tweak of the 'Stang results in a better performing vehicle straight from the factory.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 AM
busguy

Hi Guys,
After getting the runaround at the Ford dealer, I took your advice and went to see Pete at Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH. My 05 is now driving like I like it! It wouldn't come all the way to idle until 4 seconds when I took my foot off of the gas which bugged the hell out of me. As someone told me, get ready to spend a few bucks, but it's money well spent. Everything was totally stock when he first put it on the dyno and we got 277HP at the rear wheels! He said that it must have been built on a wednesday as that's the highest output that he's seen on a stock 05. He suggested that we put a cold air intake on it as he needed to tune it anyway, so I ordered one and he put it on and tuned it along with re-setting that idle delay! We now have 298HP at the wheels and it comes back to idle great!
Thanks Forum for the great advice! I'll be 69 next month but I still love to slap 2nd and go a bit sideways now & then!! LOL
Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JB04GT
I'm getting closer to just supercharging my 13. I just need to see some detailed pics before I finalize my decision.
Go to the Roush website. I supercharged my '08 and it was the best money I spent. The Roush setup seems to be bullet proof and looks like a Ford GT 500 setup. Unless you are a person that risks other people's lives driving crazy on the highway, I don't think you need all the other add-ons. My car corners and stops well enough for just putting your foot in it once in awhile in a safe way.

I'd like to have a 5.0L rather than the 4.6L I have, but actually the H.P. of my supercharged 4.6L is about all you can use on the highway safely and their is always something with more H.P.! The cost of changing cars for a 5.0L engine doesn't make much sense when I only have 10K on my Mustang. Besides, I really like the old styling better.

I think a modern supercharger is the best way to get horsepower. My car drives like "Grandma's car..until I put my foot in it... then Mama!" plus 27.5 MPG from Apple Valley, CA to St. George Utah.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I can't say I hate it, can't say I like it... Like others I will wait for more to be revealed.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Do not want.. SO happy I bought my 13
Old 08-21-2013, 04:14 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Need to see more but initial reaction was blech.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:34 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hoose84
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/2...share_facebook

...but still glad I I bought a 13.

edit: Thinking about this, it would be funny if this test mule was a fake that they keep sending out. Why let pics slip now? Not saying it is fake, but that's what I would do. But I'm evil that way. >: )
Off topic, but I like that silver stripe on yer greenie.....

Last edited by potman; 08-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:38 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Ya'll have been had, that's a Fusion front end. Pull one up and compare, they are almost exactly the same...with a 13 boss grill stuck behind it.

Last edited by potman; 08-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:12 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
Ya'll have been had, that's a Fusion front end. Pull one up and compare, they are almost exactly the same...with a 13 boss grill stuck behind it.
And it's cut up and patched back together. Doesn't line up with the grille, either.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Can't tell much by those pics as far as body lines...
Looks like a bulky front end though and that means still a heavy car, witch is fail IMO.
Hope I'm wrong...

Quick Reply: BIG NEWS Tomorrow