Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread

Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by heslekrants
If FORD would make a simple tweak to the front it would look way better to me. The hood looks better in person but it still looks too much like a Fusion hood.
I know of one company already working on a different hood. They didn't give me any details, just that they are working on something. I think a different hood could change a lot of people's opinion.

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
don't talk about how the front looks like a Fusion. A moderator will butt in with smart a$$ comments because it's his responsibility to do so, and someone else will start talking about my poop and how I look like a Fusion too... totally worth it...
Insert smart a$$ comment here .....
Pascal you're next!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
I know of one company already working on a different hood. They didn't give me any details, just that they are working on something. I think a different hood could change a lot of people's opinion.

Insert smart a$$ comment here ..... "It does not look like a Fusion, it is totally different and unique, a natural progression of a modern more refined Mustang for a global market. All you haters just don't get it, the retro thing has been totally played out and the Mustang needed an update to keep sales numbers up and meet CAFE standards. Get over it you cro-magnon mustang wannabees, real mustang lovers welcome this change and the turbo 4-banger is going to kick all your 4.6L butts!"

Pascal you're next!
Cant wait for the replies -

Last edited by Hamidar05; 02-25-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: does this thing have autocorrect?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Pascal you're next!
Smucklgar's post was directed at me Jim, lol.

And Hamidar, I like your sarcasm...
I noticed though, that young folks have just as much hate towards the new look than Neanderthals like us or more. Maybe not on these boards but in general.
I don't personally dislike the new look, I'm just disappointed that the car is still a heavy pig.
I mean the 2015 F150 will have an aluminum body, shell and all but Ford thinks it's better to do that on a truck than a performance car, lol.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 AM
JimC

"Oh my God it looks like a Fusion!"

Just came across this picture of the 2004 concept - previewing the S197. I had forgotten about it. Hmm, that grille treatment looks vaguely familiar
Old 02-26-2014, 06:41 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

That's it, I'm buying a Kia!!
Had enough...!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM
radioguy1

"Oh my God it looks like a Fusion!"

Just came across this picture of the 2004 concept - previewing the S197. I had forgotten about it. Hmm, that grille treatment looks vaguely familiar
Probably just me, but I don't think it looks like a "Fusion." No "trapazoid grill," no "girly headlights," doesn't have the GT grill mounted fog lights, but maybe it was a V6? Front end doesn't have the "big bubble" look. The red and white lights at the bottom are a little silly, but not too much like a Fusion.....
Old 02-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Stangette

Originally Posted by heslekrants
If FORD would make a simple tweak to the front it would look way better to me. The hood looks better in person but it still looks too much like a Fusion hood.

Stock (saw this car at the auto show)

Shift bumper center section up (Modded via Paint, I need to learn Photoshop someday)
Is it just me or does the grill in this color remind anyone of a cupie doll
Old 02-28-2014, 01:47 PM
radioguy1

Originally Posted by Stangette
Is it just me or does the grill in this color remind anyone of a cupie doll
It certainly has a "big bubble" front end. Without the GT fog lights, I would figure it is a V6. With a "Roush grill" - no Mustang emblem - it sure looks like a "Fusion."
Name:  2015Mustangstockgrille_zps33c7a432.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  49.1 KB
Old 02-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by radioguy1
Gee, I think all opinions are interesting. However, this isn't the 1980's or even the 1990's. The Big 3 had a lot less "serious competition" from Europe and Asia in the 80's and early 90's. Today there are a lot of cars with "specs" similar to the Mustang V6, and that makes up 2/3rds of all sales. So, if you come out looking like all the other "shiney new cars," then that is your new competition.
Only time will tell how the market views the new car. But, it certainly isn't about people that buy V8's. I'm sure the Turbo 4 will be popular in Europe.
I hope the new "Fusion coupe" does well (I am a shareholder). For me, I had a 2011 Mustang and now a 2013 GT. In the fall I'll be looking for a new car and I'm starting to look at the new Dodge Challenger..especially the Shaker version. But then I like a car that is an "icon," as opposed to being "hard to recognize without the front badge."

Well, I'll just hold onto my 2013 5.0 but I like your thinking. Two door coupe grocery getters just don't cut it for me either.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:54 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

i just seen the new models at the car show, looks way better and different in person than online, no real issues exist,As I didn't like it at first;

just the fact we cant afford it lol.

After the dealer marks it up, your looking in the $40,000+ dollars, and that's a bad business decision.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Comments on the 2015 styling? Here is the thread