Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Opinions on this new stang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by heslekrants
Without discounts you can't get a loaded 2014 GT for $40k. I think a loaded 2015 GT will be closer to $50k
The window sticker might approach $50k on a vert with all the bells and whistles. But, anyone who pays that much for a Mustang is a fool. If it stickers for $50k, you should be able to buy it for $42-$44k.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:22 PM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
The window sticker might approach $50k on a vert with all the bells and whistles. But, anyone who pays that much for a Mustang is a fool. If it stickers for $50k, you should be able to buy it for $42-$44k.

When the 15's come out. People WILL pay sticker. There will not be any discounts.

I talked to a dealer the other day that told me they were already told they will not accept anything below sticker on the new 15's
Old 02-20-2014, 03:12 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums
When the 15's come out. People WILL pay sticker. There will not be any discounts.

I talked to a dealer the other day that told me they were already told they will not accept anything below sticker on the new 15's
i feel like that is up to the dealer more than Ford (not that you said one way or the other). last weekend i just ordered a '15 Subaru WRX to be my daily driver. as soon as we completed the order the salesman wrote down the invoice price and the MSRP and said that it won't sit on his lot so there's no point in charging me the sticker price. so he asked to meet him in the middle between the invoice and sticker. i've never seen that before. he hacked over $1000 off the sticker price because little to no effort by the dealership was going in to vehicle (no time on the lot).

the ford dealer in my area is not so nice. they'd probably charge me over sticker if they could. basically, i just learned the difference between a dealership that cares about customers first, and a dealership that's #1 priority is making a buck or two. which is cool, it's the dealer's right to pick between those two.

i should also mention that that subaru dealership is well known in our area for being uncharacteristically awesome to buyers. they don't have sales managers, and they only have 3 sales people (they'll get more soon as they are expanding to a larger facility). all 3 sales people are permitted to cut any deal they'd like without consulting with a "higher power" (aka manager). the result is a quicker, and much more comfortable buying experience. i wish i could find a ford dealer like them for when i buy my next mustang.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:08 PM
AricTrueTexan
1st Gear Member

Yea i'm on the fence about it like most people I guess we're going to have to wait till we actually see it in person just like a lot people that post their picture of their car and say "it's way better in person" we might just get that effect with the new mustang.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:16 PM
radioguy1

That's someone's "Whisky" talking The market sets the price, not a dealership. Over 2/3rds of the Mustangs, in the past 9 years, were V6's. Those are people looking for "reasonably price competitive" cars. Between the Camero, Dodge Challenger, the BMW 1 and 2 Series and many other brands, FORD will have to match their price to the market competition. There may be a very short period of "availability shortage" early in the model year, but that will fade fast. We have 10 0r 12 FORD dealerships that will quickly be competing with each other, as well as all the other brands.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

All you have to do is look at the camaro relaunch in 2010 as an example...there will the fools out there paying wayyyy over sticker just so they can say "I was one of the first to get a S550 mustang"....I really doubt it will last that long or even near as long as the Camaro hype did.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by radioguy1
That's someone's "Whisky" talking The market sets the price, not a dealership. Over 2/3rds of the Mustangs, in the past 9 years, were V6's. Those are people looking for "reasonably price competitive" cars. Between the Camero, Dodge Challenger, the BMW 1 and 2 Series and many other brands, FORD will have to match their price to the market competition. There may be a very short period of "availability shortage" early in the model year, but that will fade fast. We have 10 0r 12 FORD dealerships that will quickly be competing with each other, as well as all the other brands.
Im thinking they will be like cable companies or gas stations and basically charge as much as they can collectively. I understand its not a perfect comparison but that's how the dealerships operate.

My guess is they'll all be above MSRP for a few months.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 AM
AricTrueTexan
1st Gear Member

What ever ford's marketing does I'm pretty sure they're pretty aware of what they need to do for the new generation mustang
Old 02-21-2014, 04:59 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k232
All you have to do is look at the camaro relaunch in 2010 as an example...there will the fools out there paying wayyyy over sticker just so they can say "I was one of the first to get a S550 mustang"....I really doubt it will last that long or even near as long as the Camaro hype did.
The hype was because the Camaro disappeared for a number of years. The Mustang has never gone out of production.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:30 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, the dealer has no reason to BS you, right? Anyone paying sticker or over sticker is either a fool or has money to burn. I guarantee you that you could get a modest discount on day one if you're paying cash. All you gotta say is "would you like to sell a car today or not?"

Quick Reply: Opinions on this new stang?