Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

going to order new 2015 mustang-what color-triple yellow or deep impact blue?Gauges??

Old 06-07-2014, 07:03 PM
disneyfun1

Default going to order new 2015 mustang-what color-triple yellow or deep impact blue?Gauges??

got the order info from the dealer yesterday, he said let me know and he will order it now so it gets in line. hard to figure out the color i want, triple yellow or deep impact blue. i have a 2014 v-6 in deep impact blue that i love that ill be trading in, i used to have a 99 mustang in chrome yellow i loved as well. its hard to decide.

also, why can you not get the gauges in the center if you order an automatic? its only avail on the gt performance package, but then you lose the spoiler in the rear and you cant get automatic. i want the auto with paddle controls. only the 50th anniv can you get auto and gauges, but i dont want to order the 50th anniv and pay the premium on it, since i may trade it later anyways if they gt500 or cobra come out next year.

i also want the cross traffic in the mirrors, rear cam, gps, am i leaving anything out i should get?

thanks!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:01 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

From those two, I'd pick yellow.

Personally, I love the Magnetic with the 19" gloss black wheels. The Guard, Race Red, and even the White look good on this body style.

All the other color don't really grab me, but I'm not really in the market for one so I don't count!

It's a great looking car for sure. Can't wait to see them on the road.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

color of your car is entirely personal choice. I'm a big fan of blue and green cars. I haven't seen a green I like much except for legend lime.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

The triple yellow and the ruby red cost an extra $395 I believe
Old 06-11-2014, 01:34 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I would go with blue over yellow. But, it's not gonna be my car so......
Old 06-11-2014, 01:49 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

More of a blue person myself. And yellow stands out, and that's not good for a daily that you want to have fun in imho. Tickets...
Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

If your gonna get a Mustang, might as well stand out so I'd be a red or yellow kind of guy.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Once you start on the visual Mods...when they hit the market for the s550's then the base color of the car won't be as relevant anymore. Depending on how extreme you take the mods. But for a plain off the showroom floor car...the less conspicuous the better. I remember being pulled over all the time in my Yellow 5.8L (yes I said 5 point 8)Fox Body. It was a ticket magnet even when stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I love the color, but would likely only get it in that color again if I was going to keep it as a weekend driver.

---
Old 06-12-2014, 01:08 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I went with DIB on mine. It's a happy medium between conservative and stylish. You still get enough contrast from other body pieces, like the black trunk lid, grille, etc.to enjoy the lines, but it's still dark enough to kick *** when waxed and clean. This is unlike black paint jobs with black accent pieces kinda just get lost in the mix. DIB changes throughout the day; it appears a nice deep blue during the day, and begins to take on more purple as the sun light sets. Like black, it's also a bitch to keep clean.

Yellow will turn a lot of heads. Yellow with black stripes is so obvious, but it's one of my favorite color combinations for striping (moreso than even DIB with white stripes). You'll spot your car instantly in every parking lot, but so will the cops in traffic. You really can't go wrong with either one.

Last edited by SPARTAN VI; 06-12-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:33 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

The problem with yellows is that IMO you really have to see it in person on the car to decide. Some yellows look really good on a car, some make the car look like a banana.

You don't want to drive a banana.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: going to order new 2015 mustang-what color-triple yellow or deep impact blue?Gauges??