Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

You guys seeing massive markups?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 06:12 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default You guys seeing massive markups?

Just as the thread title states. I'm curious if most dealers are still marking up the car (and if by a ridiculous amount, 15%+) or if only a few dealers still do that. IIRC the Hellcat wasn't marked up but correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:01 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Not around here. Check out www.tricountyford.com. They have two S550's listed and both have a no-haggle internet price which is about $2000 less than sticker.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM
JimC

Not seeing it here - although I've only checked at one dealer.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

In general, I'm not seeing much of a mark-up if any.

In the small towns of Central Texas, most S550s are selling for around sticker price (according to what the dealerships actually put on the windows).

But in the big cities, the dealerships do put some mark-up, but the highest mark-up I saw was only $250 over; hardly a mark-up.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:02 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

We just got our first one at my local dealer, and no mark up, sales guy said they wouldn't come down, and felt confidant that they would sell it for MSRP.
Was standing outside talking with a different sales guy and getting ready to leave, when first guy comes and says they would drop several thousand off if I was serious about making a deal.
But after sitting in the Recaro's, I decided they are not good for fat middle aged men, but the car is beautiful, and the Ruby Red about stole my heart, I will have one.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:39 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
We just got our first one at my local dealer, and no mark up, sales guy said they wouldn't come down, and felt confidant that they would sell it for MSRP.
Was standing outside talking with a different sales guy and getting ready to leave, when first guy comes and says they would drop several thousand off if I was serious about making a deal.
But after sitting in the Recaro's, I decided they are not good for fat middle aged men, but the car is beautiful, and the Ruby Red about stole my heart, I will have one.
just lose some weight. It's a small price to pay to drive a new mustang and you'll feel better. Wait, if you find recaros uncomfortable, what kind of seat do you have in that kayak?

I have not seen any markup here in Florida.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:45 AM
krssrls

Bought my new mustang about three weeks ago. paid right at msrp for it they wouldn't come down. and i wouldn't go up. LOL.. had seen a few around town at some other the down town dealers and they were way over priced. just keep in mind that a 15 GT premium almost fully loaded is like 40k. A base model with a few little options is at 34k. the price is up but not too bad.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:48 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by krssrls
Bought my new mustang about three weeks ago. paid right at msrp for it they wouldn't come down. and i wouldn't go up. LOL.. had seen a few around town at some other the down town dealers and they were way over priced. just keep in mind that a 15 GT premium almost fully loaded is like 40k. A base model with a few little options is at 34k. the price is up but not too bad.
Cheese and rice. $34k for a base model GT still sounds a bit inflated by the new & shiny tax.

My '14 GT base (AT) was $28k, and included the tech package.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Some dealers are selling at fair prices and some are marking up. Sorry, but I don't love it enough to pay markup. I saw a GT track pack for $35k and change and I've seen base a GT for less than $31k. I've also seen GTs for over 40k that weren't Premium models. Saw a m
Old 11-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Some dealers are selling at fair prices and some are marking up. Sorry, but I don't love it enough to pay markup. I saw a GT track pack for $35k and change and I've seen base a GT for under $31k. I've also seen GTs for over 40k that weren't Premium models. I guess some people don't shop around?

Quick Reply: You guys seeing massive markups?