Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang Roush packages!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 06:21 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Default The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang Roush packages!

The famous American tuner Roush has a great history of creating fast Mustangs with the refined handling and bodywork. So the production ready 2015 Mustangs have just started rolling out, when Roush already brought out their modified versions to the U.S. customers with might and main.

The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang Roush packages are offered in three forms – RS, RS1 and RS2 – with RS standing for Roush Stage. RS comes with the entry level 3.7L V6, RS1 comes with the new turbocharged 2.3L EcoBoost 4-cylinder and the RS2 comes with the 5.0L V8 of the Mustang GT.

The key feature for the entire 2015 Ford Mustang Roush lineup is the new R7 aerodynamics package. This includes a unique front fascia with “integrated aero-pockets”, a five blade upper grille, a high flow lower grille and fog lights, a chin spoiler, deeper reaching side sills, a rear lower diffuser and a one piece decklid spoiler. The 2015 Roush Mustang also comes with unique 20 inch wheels wrapped in uniquely design Cooper RS3-S tires.

Pricing has not yet been announced for the 2015 Roush Mustang, but we can expect pricing to surface later this month when the uniquely styled pony cars begin hitting dealerships around the country.

Check the whole article and more pictures here: 2015 Roush Mustang Lineup Rolled Out on myCARiD

What is your impression of this ‘Stang?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:10 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Now this actually has that "American Mustang" look to it.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:15 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

PNYXPRESS, it sure has! Hopefully more pictures will be available and we can check how awesome it look like.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Looks like....they're sticking to the formula for adding cosmetics that don't work again????

My kids have a song for things like this. "Let it Go".

The side scoops and the hood scoop are not fooling anybody.

Just saying
---
Old 12-08-2014, 09:28 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Well if you read the specs the hood and side scoops are an option.

Plus if you look at the rear of the scoop in those pics it has some sort of vent. It may not just be a stuck on scoop this time, as there are no performance upgrades mentioned for any of the packages yet, just stock numbers.

Not everyone wants functional all the time, some like just looks.

Just saying.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Are you referring to what looks like heat extractors on the hood scoop? I don't see any vents on the rear of the side scoops?

I know that some people might want that look. I question whether the majority of them are making the decision based on an educated decision. And I wonder just how many would commit to these add ons if they knew they were only ornamental.

Form following function is the realm of an educated consumer. If lets say a customer were to actually pop the question ...does this scoop work? And after learning it doesn't... would the cost of the accessory ornament be warranted? Actually adding this on to just have it for x amount of dollars when that money could be better spent elsewhere??? They probably wouldn't get it when someone says ...wow i bet those scoops really make the car handle better or go faster while rolling their eyes. Sarcasm is often lost to people who are lost on the form follows function concept.

I do think the front and rear fascia is really sexy. The scoops... not so much. That said.. to each their own.

Uh Huh.
---
Old 12-08-2014, 01:12 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

It looks mean, I like the shape of the upper grille. Not much going for it in terms of power numbers. I was hoping they'd squeeze a lot more out of the EB 2.3L.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:24 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
I was hoping they'd squeeze a lot more out of the EB 2.3L.
Im sure they will, The perf numbers listed are the stock numbers from Ford. They don't even mention any suspension upgrades yet.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:33 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Roush will also be offering RS3 and RS4 packages, but those haven't been announced yet. Then you have the 627hp Stage 3 and the also Trak Pak edition which can have a 777hp engine.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:35 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Ive actually seen these cars on the lot. They look amazing! Pricy but amazing.

Quick Reply: The all-new 2015 Ford Mustang Roush packages!