Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Any Water Leaking Issues on the new 2015 Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Bryan2015

Originally Posted by Bryan2015
I haven't had any issues with mine... I got my mine a week ago, and it's rained nearly everyday
Old 08-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Maxfli

Default My GT Convertible is Leaking

Have had the car 18 months. Last month I opened the door after a rainy night and had over six gallons of water on the passenger side floor front and back. Up until that point not one drop of water had ever gotten inside the car. I do not know what changed with the top but something did. The dealer had it for a week, agreed it was leaking and sent it to a top shop for repairs. They had it 3 weeks and told me I was good to go. It rained the second day I had the car back and yes, you guessed it, passenger side rear full of water. This time when I vacuumed it out about 2.5 gallons. Now it is going back to the top shop for another go round. The amount of water in the car indicates to me that every drop hitting that top is ending up inside the car. A problem I hope that will fix this time.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:39 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Is it coming in from a bad install, or something else? Matbe bad door seal or clogged door drains?
Old 09-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Intrepid175
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by golfertp
No issues so far on mine
Originally Posted by Bryan2015
Either of you care to make an update report? Inquiring minds would like to know!

I'm wanting a Mustang Ragtop something awful, so I'm obviously interested in this conversation. I've been around convertibles since I was a kid. Most of them were old British sports cars that my Dad owned (Triumph's, MG's, Austin Healy's etc) and those all leaked. It was part of the adventure. I've owned two drop tops myself. A 1988 Chrysler Le Baron that was fine when it was new but leaked like a sieve after that. The second was a 2004 Honda S2000. I never saw a drop in that car and I drove it through some real frog stranglers on more than one occasion. It was very impressive. I'm hoping the Mustang will at least be close to the Honda. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2016, 01:05 PM
kbun0304

Angry

Originally Posted by Maxfli
Have had the car 18 months. Last month I opened the door after a rainy night and had over six gallons of water on the passenger side floor front and back. Up until that point not one drop of water had ever gotten inside the car. I do not know what changed with the top but something did. The dealer had it for a week, agreed it was leaking and sent it to a top shop for repairs. They had it 3 weeks and told me I was good to go. It rained the second day I had the car back and yes, you guessed it, passenger side rear full of water. This time when I vacuumed it out about 2.5 gallons. Now it is going back to the top shop for another go round. The amount of water in the car indicates to me that every drop hitting that top is ending up inside the car. A problem I hope that will fix this time.

The exact same thing is happening to me. I've had my 2015 GT Convertible for 17 months with no water leaks. Rain storm last week resulted in several inches of water pooled in my rear passenger side floor. Shop vac'd it out and brought it to dealership where I was told it will be an extensive amount of work and leaks are very difficult to deal with..oh, and they aren't guaranteeing me that its covered under my warranty!!

Were they able to fix your problem? I had a 2012 version prior to this with no issues. Right now I'm thinking I have a gorgeous looking $45k hunk of junk on my hands!
Old 10-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Intrepid175
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kbun0304
The exact same thing is happening to me. I've had my 2015 GT Convertible for 17 months with no water leaks. Rain storm last week resulted in several inches of water pooled in my rear passenger side floor. Shop vac'd it out and brought it to dealership where I was told it will be an extensive amount of work and leaks are very difficult to deal with..oh, and they aren't guaranteeing me that its covered under my warranty!!
If it's still under the original 36/36, it darn sure better be covered under warranty!

That such leaks are difficult to deal with is a given, but that's not your problem, at least it shouldn't be!.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:21 AM
kbun0304

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
If it's still under the original 36/36, it darn sure better be covered under warranty!

That such leaks are difficult to deal with is a given, but that's not your problem, at least it shouldn't be!.
It is under the 36/36. I heard from the dealership last night. They'll cover the "fix" but not the work to dry / clean the interior. They claim the issue was a buildup of pine needles in a door drain. My car is either in my garage or parked in my driveway (closest tree is an oak) 90% of the time. I've asked to speak to the manager and I'm waiting for his callback. This is ridiculous. My 3rd and last mustang if they can't resolve this
Old 10-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Intrepid175
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kbun0304
It is under the 36/36. I heard from the dealership last night. They'll cover the "fix" but not the work to dry / clean the interior. They claim the issue was a buildup of pine needles in a door drain. My car is either in my garage or parked in my driveway (closest tree is an oak) 90% of the time. I've asked to speak to the manager and I'm waiting for his callback. This is ridiculous. My 3rd and last mustang if they can't resolve this
Well that's total BS. Covering the "fix" is just the first step. The manufacturer is also liable for any damages done to the vehicle as a result of the malfunction. I worked for Lincoln dealer back in the early 80's and we dealt with water leaks from time to time. Drying out the interior after the fact was just a natural part of the process and definitely not something the owner was liable for.

I'm wondering if maybe you shouldn't be talking to a different dealer?

Good luck!