Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

I should've known better - part two

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:35 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Any updates?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by jwog666
...............only to have a customer talk chit about your abilities. lol
Yep. The guy at the end of the line is always at fault despite that almost everything is out of his control.
When the paint doesn't match on some jobs going through my shop, it's my fault and ONLY mine...doesn't matter how in depth I explained the customer that you can't match without blending but it cost more money to do that so the pressure is on you still.
An aftermarket part that doesn't fit but they expect you to spend extensive labor to correct that free of charge, and on, and on...
Old 10-19-2015, 09:54 PM
ChampInSD

Hey guys - sorry for the delay in following up.

Well, the dealership ultimately concluded that the "ABS module" had failed, causing a cascade of other problems to manifest with the traction control, sport trac, the hill hold and (surprising to me) the steering boost assist. The car was at the Ford dealership for about a week or 8 days for this.

I had it back for less than a week and it happened again. I dropped it off on Thursday last week (10/15) and today they tell me the replacement "ABS module" was bad, causing the same problems. They're going to order another one. No word on when the car will be back to me.

They gave me a loaner Camry which starts and stops but sure isn't any fun to drive.

I promised to post copies of the service order paperwork and I will once I pick it up.

They are also fixing the failed hood latch release mechanism.

Thanks for the kinds words and support above. This has been a frustrating process. I'm at about 900 miles on the car at this point.

Last edited by ChampInSD; 10-30-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:55 PM
ChampInSD

I should add that the Ford service people have been plenty nice. I don't have any gripes about their attitude or anything. Frankly, they are quite apologetic. Nevertheless, the car remains at the shop as I type.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:03 PM
ChampInSD

Well, I'm still driving the Camry. It's not a bad car.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:16 AM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

Driving a Camry when you own a Mustang is like going to a high end steak house and ordering a ham sandwich.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:13 AM
ChampInSD

Drove the loaner Toyota to work again today. Latest word from the Ford dealership came late yesterday afternoon: They replaced the ABS module that has failed now twice, and concluded that the "hydraulic module" also has failed and needs replaced. Ordered more parts. Waiting for more parts. Driving the Camry.

Meanwhile, Ford just cashed my car payment check.

Not happy.

Last edited by ChampInSD; 10-26-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:37 AM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

At a certain point I'd say lemon law the blasted thing and just move on.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:23 PM
ChampInSD

Now they are saying the parts needed are not available and won't be until next week probably. Only at that point will they be able to test the car and see if the problems are resolved. They will not give me my car back - "It's a safety issue." I flat out said I want my car back and they will not release it to me.

I have a call into Ford's 1800 number at this point.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:52 PM
ChampInSD

Ford's regional customer service folks are involved now. That guy promised to stay involved through resolution and said "call me anytime." Yesterday afternoon, that guy (and the dealer) both told me it was likely the car would be repaired and released to me today. I was to expect a call if it wasn't going to be done otherwise I was to expect to pick it up by closing time.

By 5PM, I had heard absolutely nothing.

I called the regional customer service guy and it went to voicemail. I called the dealership and they were closed.

Still driving the Toyota. I am utterly floored by this situation.

Last edited by ChampInSD; 10-26-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: I should've known better - part two