Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Lowering Kit - Suspension Help - Mustang Deal Gone Sour

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 04:15 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Good Point about quicker stops! Maybe I'll look into some Brembos! I wish they were available with the automatic. You may have just cost me some money fror Brembos! 670 H.P. might require quicker stops!
I would guess, from the way you describe how you drive, and how you plan to use the power the new car will have, I think you will be ok with the stock brakes, as they are about as good as the upgraded ones from the last gen car.
Maybe look in to SS brake lines, and better pads, but they may not even be needed.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

AK,

Years ago, I used to have custom springs made that would be slightly different "ONLY" in height, but carry the same weight. They could be used to raise or lower the front or rear with very little negative affect. I'm only looking at 2 inches at the most in raising the rear.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:43 AM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Good Point about quicker stops! Maybe I'll look into some Brembos! I wish they were available with the automatic. You may have just cost me some money fror Brembos! 670 H.P. might require quicker stops!
I think you'll love them. Not just quicker stops, but more consistent stops, less fade, etc.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Chad@Amp’D
Former Sponsor

Your Calipers are fine I would just get a quality brake pad such as Carbotech. What are you going to be using the car for just street or street and track?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:29 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fcarpio
For my inconvenience they have offered to give me the Ford Racing lowering kit (THIS ONE) for $1k or a check for $800. The $1k includes everything (parts, installation, alignment and off course everything will be under warranty).

I paid ~$500 all told to have the "Ford Racing Handling Kit" installed on my car along with brake ducts, Steeda sub-frame braces and braded brake lines. Plus alignment with me driving the car on track between adjustments to make sure it handles the way I wanted....I don't think they are giving you that good of a deal there.

However, I do highly recommend the handling kit. Once installed and setup for you (I like the car very neutral so I can rotate it with my right foot without it getting exciting until I want it to) the car is amazing. With the additional power from a supercharger I imagine you'll have a great deal of fun.

However, if you're mostly a drag racing type I'd suggest just putting on the Steeda Sub-Frame braces which will keep the rear planted when you launch. Those alone make the car feel faster. I wish I had done some before and after 1/4 times to see if there really is any difference. Oddly, the butt dyno says there is.

Good luck on whatever you choose. Sounds like you're going to have a great car.

Last edited by squishbang; 10-19-2015 at 04:32 PM.