Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Advantages of Special Ordering a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 02:02 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Yes, I did negotiate to $38K, & I had the info. as to dealer's "real" cost including holdback. I think I left them with about $250 of their (I believe) $1300. Holdback. I don't know the specific name of the $1250. Manufacturer's Rebate. It just came out recently. When I ordered the car there was only a $500. rebate, but the new $1250. one applied since I hadn't received the car yet! The salesman didn't know about it until he did a search based on that sale. The guy I buy from is salaried & doesn't get a commission on each car. He gives the sale to a salesperson just to deliver the car.

Are you getting ready to buy yourself?
You got a smoking deal, nice man. I already picked up mine last week, $42,380 MSRP for about $39,2xx. Just basically X-Plan and a $750 rebate.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:12 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

New Mustangs aren't cheap anymore.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

Yep, great price, I was only able to get X-plan with no rebates, but I bought mine a year ago when no one had one so. They claimed I was one of the first suckers in the area to buy one.

Drive it awhile before you supercharge (2500 to 5000 miles or so), make sure there are no issues with "your" car. If it does have some gremlin within, it will show itself by then. Say that 10 times, lol. My 2 cents.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:11 PM
JimC

Nice new Mustang. I just configured it here in Michigan using Xplan and it didn't bring up the $1250 incentive, only $250.

The price on X plan for me to get an identical car is $38,961 before tax so you did pretty good.

Payment
$35,422 Starting X Plan
$2,889 Total of Options
$900 Destination Charges
$39,211 Total MSRP
-$250 Available Incentives

$38,961 Net X PlanS5
Old 11-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Nice new Mustang. I just configured it here in Michigan using Xplan and it didn't bring up the $1250 incentive, only $250.

The price on X plan for me to get an identical car is $38,961 before tax so you did pretty good.

Payment
$35,422 Starting X Plan
$2,889 Total of Options
$900 Destination Charges
$39,211 Total MSRP
-$250 Available Incentives

$38,961 Net X PlanS5
Did you start with the $41,550 MSRP of my car?

I noticed that the $1250 incentive is on cars on lots in California & it requires delivery at a date (I don't remember the exact date, maybe 1/14 ???) Itt seem too soon to use it on an order not yet placed & to spur Hoilday lot sales, I suspect I lucked out on that incentive as when I ordered it was only $500. & then dropped to $250. Luck always beats skill!

X Plan seems like a good price & you don't have to do a lot of calling around! A lot of dealers won't go below a certain point. I contacted about a dozen dealers & only three got down to a bottom price on an order. Many were too lazy to figure out a bid on an order. They just said, "Come in to the dealership & will beat anyone's price!" No thanks!

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-19-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragonetti
Yep, great price, I was only able to get X-plan with no rebates, but I bought mine a year ago when no one had one so. They claimed I was one of the first suckers in the area to buy one.

Drive it awhile before you supercharge (2500 to 5000 miles or so), make sure there are no issues with "your" car. If it does have some gremlin within, it will show itself by then. Say that 10 times, lol. My 2 cents.
The 2016 5.0L runs pretty close to my supercharged 4.6L. I may just put a tuner on it as the difference between a new GT is all the power you can use in regular driving situations as compared to 670 HP to scare the poop out of you at WOT!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:56 AM
JimC

Did you start with the $41,550 MSRP of my car?

I noticed that the $1250 incentive is on cars on lots in California & it requires delivery at a date (I don't remember the exact date, maybe 1/14 ???) Itt seem too soon to use it on an order not yet placed & to spur Hoilday lot sales, I suspect I lucked out on that incentive as when I ordered it was only $500. & then dropped to $250. Luck always beats skill!

X Plan seems like a good price & you don't have to do a lot of calling around! A lot of dealers won't go below a certain point. I contacted about a dozen dealers & only three got down to a bottom price on an order. Many were too lazy to figure out a bid on an order. They just said, "Come in to the dealership & will beat anyone's price!" No thanks!
I started with exactly your car. Followed what was on your posted window sheet so yes, it started out the same at $41,550.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:47 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Nice car, interesting choice on the fade stripes, too bad they would not let you put in saddle color seats, like you listed as ordering, you should be able to put any color with any color.
But again nice car, enjoy
Old 11-21-2015, 04:28 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

My source can't help much on a GT350R! I suspect you be doing well to get it for MSRP! That's why I've never bought a low production car like a GT 500. I hope you have good luck on getting a price on a GT 350.
The issue with low production cars is the allocation, only really large dealerships get more than 1 or 2. I somehow lucked out on my 11 & got it for 2K below MSRP. ( 5K in the deal for a base model @ MSRP )
When I ordered the 14, it was hard to find any dealer that still had an allocation, those that had them wouldn't sell @ MSRP. Any GT500's you find on a lot had at least 5K ADM and weren't the color / equipment that I wanted. I did find a dealer that would order for me @ MSRP.
( his 2nd ( last ) allocation )
Old 11-21-2015, 04:39 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Nice car, interesting choice on the fade stripes, too bad they would not let you put in saddle color seats, like you listed as ordering, you should be able to put any color with any color.
But again nice car, enjoy
I guess I'll try to get along with you out of the POLITICS thread!

My wife wanted the ebony seats anyway. She has loved fast cars since I built a '56 Chevy when we were kids! The "Build & Price" confused me on how the stripes would look, but I really like them compared to the solid stripes on my last Mustang! It's a little more classy, refined look, & the factory does a great jog installing them! I decided to be just be honest with myself & admit I want to be noticed at Cruise Nights, so... Triple Yellow with Stripes! The car runs pretty strong as is, but I think I'll put the Roush Supercharger on it anyway. It's likely my last go around with this kind of a car at 74, so why the hell not! I figure on open roads when safe I'll go "wide open throttle" from 0 to 80 MPH & it will help me fill by "Depends" & stay regular! Yuk! I hope that day never comes! Good luck if you go for a GT 350! I thought of a "name" to put on the GT lower door panel stripes maybe you can get behind:
"Modern Muscle". That's what a GT actually is!

I reduced the dealer's air pressure from 45 lbs. to 32 (????), & it rides much better! The higher profile 50R tire rides much better & I would have gotten 60R if available. Putting an automatic in "Sport Mode" is kind of a kick! I hit it at about 25 MPH & it broke lose on me & put rubber dust on the fender! Not like automatics use to be! I'm glad I got an automatic especially with today's traffic. It's a lot more car than my '08! With the Roush Supercharger it will be a "Common Man's Super Car" as long as I don't hit the curves too fast!