Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Advantages of Special Ordering a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Advantages of Special Ordering a Mustang!

Advantages of Special Ordering a Mustang!

A couple of months back I tried to "help out members" by telling them that there were "price" advantages to ordering a Mustang because it doesn't come out of the dealer's allotment of cars that are moving fast like the Mustang. As usual, a few posters jumped on me, one "calling B.S" claiming I was lying for some reason! Unfortunately this kind of attitude is common around here.

For those "who are polite, & actually think before immediately disagreeing & attacking a different idea" & also might be wanting to save some money on a new Mustang or any other popular vehicle.... let me update my info. so someone else can call B.S. liar again!

I stated earlier that I ordered a Mustang with a MSRP of $41,550 & got the price down to $37,500. That was called B.S. by a few & of course I was making it all up for some reason!

OK, I WAS WRONG! CORRECTION: Prior to delivery a factory discount was increased & I actually payed less at $36,750. for the Mustang with the $41,550 MSRP!

I know, B.S. where's the proof, etc.! THE MUSTANG IS IN MY GARAGE! I picked it up today, & it's beautiful! It looks better than I expected! Happy Birthday to me on the 1st!

Here are the facts:

For those who called B.S., & gave me a bad time as a liar, find someone who can do math for you & deduct the $1250 in Rebates from the $38,000. dealer's price!

For other reasonable people, wanting to get the best price on a Mustang, I suggest you shop a "special customer order hard & only through internet emails" going back & forth for the best price. Don't go to the dealerships after you know exactly what options you want! They'll want to get you in there to "SELL" you! Honestly... don't expect to get as big a discount as I got, because I've created a lot of car sales for the salesman by sending him family & friends over ten years. He always gives them low prices! He gave me this minimum price because of that! I believe you will get the best price my way over the internet if you will take the time. If you are in Southern Calif., PM me & I'll give you a contact that will give you a good price based on your options with no B.S. salesmanship games. My feeling is that Mustangs that cost you less... make it so much nicer when you decide to upgrade to a new one! I had my last Mustang for 8 years & lost only about $7000. when I sold it!

Hope this helps someone trying to afford a new Mustang or any other popular vehicle! Don't worry about the Ford Dealership! It will take care of itself!

Too late tonight... so I'll post a picture soon! It's pretty purty!

Here's the sheet off the Mustang GT:

Here's the worksheet for what I payed for the Mustang with personal info removed:

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-19-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

The biggest advantage to ordering a car, besides price, is you get what " you " want.
Congrats on the new ride, looking forward to the pics..
Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Chad@Amp’D
Former Sponsor

Congrats great info.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:29 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Congrat's on new Mustang and the info.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Tom Boismier
1st Gear Member

Congrats!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:51 AM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

not bad. I'll be interested to see what happens when I try that with a GT350R.
One down side to ordering is that you have to wait.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:06 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Did you negotiate from MSRP to 38K and what was your $1,250 rebate?
Old 11-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daltron
Did you negotiate from MSRP to 38K and what was your $1,250 rebate?
Yes, I did negotiate to $38K, & I had the info. as to dealer's "real" cost including holdback. I think I left them with about $250 of their (I believe) $1300. Holdback. I don't know the specific name of the $1250. Manufacturer's Rebate. It just came out recently. When I ordered the car there was only a $500. rebate, but the new $1250. one applied since I hadn't received the car yet! The salesman didn't know about it until he did a search based on that sale. The guy I buy from is salaried & doesn't get a commission on each car. He gives the sale to a salesperson just to deliver the car.

Are you getting ready to buy yourself?

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-19-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Here's my new GT! To my tastes it looks better than I expected. At my age it's probably my last go around with a Mustang like this! Who knows? To supercharge or not to supercharge? That is the question!!! It runs about as fast as my supercharged 4.6L as is!

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-19-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by squishbang
not bad. I'll be interested to see what happens when I try that with a GT350R.
One down side to ordering is that you have to wait.
My source can't help much on a GT350R! I suspect you be doing well to get it for MSRP! That's why I've never bought a low production car like a GT 500. I hope you have good luck on getting a price on a GT 350.