Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Bama Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Thomv

Default Bama Tune

For my birthday both of my sons chipped in and got me the Bama Tune with two tunes. I have yet to install it because I have a question. How will the tune affect my driving modes? Will all have the same functionality and feet of the pants feel throughout all of the driving modes or will it only be effective on the sport tune mode which definitely lights up the performance of the engine?
Old 04-22-2016, 04:21 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I am not an expert on what you will feel with the PP,if that is what you are talking about. I have my GT tuned and would expect the same thing from yours. It will wake it up, snappier throttle response, and a broader range of increased power. You are not going to gain 50HP but, you will see 15-20 which is noticeable. Maybe a hair more. I have a manual so no change there for me. If you have an automatic it will firm up and tighten the shift points. There again if you have the PP I am not sure what you will see. Use the 93 Octane program for the most bang.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:57 PM
Thomv

Originally Posted by mapitts
I am not an expert on what you will feel with the PP,if that is what you are talking about. I have my GT tuned and would expect the same thing from yours. It will wake it up, snappier throttle response, and a broader range of increased power. You are not going to gain 50HP but, you will see 15-20 which is noticeable. Maybe a hair more. I have a manual so no change there for me. If you have an automatic it will firm up and tighten the shift points. There again if you have the PP I am not sure what you will see. Use the 93 Octane program for the most bang.
I think I will give American Muscle a call and ask them. I do have the manual and PP. It is amazing the difference in driver seat of the pants feeling between the regular setting and then going to the sport mode. It definitely wakens things up quite a bit.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Mimi15GT

I have the Bama 93 Race tune and it feels great through out the entire rpm's. You'll love it!
Old 04-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

I've read the best thing about tunes is it gets rid of the "aggressive downshifting" in sports/track mode
Old 04-28-2016, 06:10 AM
Thomv

Originally Posted by Mimi15GT
I have the Bama 93 Race tune and it feels great through out the entire rpm's. You'll love it!
So you are saying the tune will affect all of the driving modes. I just thought it would only come into play on the Sport setting only.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:53 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

You can just load it up and see if you like it, if not, you can switch it back to stock. The first thing it does is save your stock tune so you can easily switch it back if you don't like it.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thomv
So you are saying the tune will affect all of the driving modes. I just thought it would only come into play on the Sport setting only.
It affects all modes afaik... Well, maybe not the snow/wet mode?
Old 05-07-2016, 12:32 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

On the manual trans, the modes only affects how fast the throttle blade opens. It doesn't change any parameters in the tune. On the automatics, the modes affect the throttle as well as a couple other things. If you have a tune installed then the modes will still function as before. The tune in Normal mode will feel less sporty than it will if you have the tune in and Sport mode selected.

It'll basically be like this:

Stock tune normal mode > stock tune sport mode

With a tune it'll be

Tune normal mode > tune sport mode

Or so I'm led to believe.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
brc850307

Default Bama Tune

I have had the Bama tune on my car for a several months now. 2015 GT Auto. The modes still work like they did pre-tune. For example, wet/snow mode retains the decreased throttle response. Everything with the tune has been great no issues at all. The only thing worth mentioning for the auto owners considering a tune at least from Bama not sure about the others is initially I lost rev-matching on downshifts. I contacted Bama and issue was resolved for the 91 tune but wasn't able to be resolved for the 93 tune at that time. I'm not sure if anything has changed since then.

Quick Reply: Bama Tune