Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Engine Died - Run Power Active Mode

Old 06-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Brando

Default Engine Died - Run Power Active Mode

I have a 2015 GT premium w/ 9k on it and this morning while I was driving into work the engine died and the screen in front of the steering wheel flashed "run power active mode". I pulled over to the side of the road and restarted it. Then engine came back on but the rpms dropped and it almost stalled itself while trying to start.

I was traveling 35 mph and making a left turn when the engine shut off so I can rule out killing it. I also had a 1/4 tank of gas left...

This happened once before when I was at a stop light, however, I didn't realize that the engine had shut off until I started moving again.

It was a very unsettling experience and it's easy to imagine how it could have been much worse in traffic.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was your experience and what was the outcome?

I searched and could not find much on this issue. I have not seen a posted resolution yet and it has appeared to have happened in the fusion as well.

Appreciate the help!
Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Brando
I have a 2015 GT premium w/ 9k on it and this morning while I was driving into work the engine died and the screen in front of the steering wheel flashed "run power active mode". I pulled over to the side of the road and restarted it. Then engine came back on but the rpms dropped and it almost stalled itself while trying to start.

I was traveling 35 mph and making a left turn when the engine shut off so I can rule out killing it. I also had a 1/4 tank of gas left...

This happened once before when I was at a stop light, however, I didn't realize that the engine had shut off until I started moving again.

It was a very unsettling experience and it's easy to imagine how it could have been much worse in traffic.

Has anyone else experienced this? What was your experience and what was the outcome?

I searched and could not find much on this issue. I have not seen a posted resolution yet and it has appeared to have happened in the fusion as well.

Appreciate the help!
Don't know where you looked but found this.

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/topic...nd-new-fusion/

The two that I read in the first page of the thread were related to Fuel pump/pressure issues.

Dealer.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Brando

Thanks!

I saw someone else just posted with the same issue!
Old 07-01-2016, 01:11 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Get it in to the dealer and let them fix it for free.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:37 PM
Frank W. Tommaso

i have a 2015 mustang v6 and the run power active mode came on did not start i had it towed to ford dealer and they told me they could not find anithing nor did they no what the run power mode was and they had the car from 8am to closing
Old 10-14-2020, 11:10 AM
ETP1

Default Run Power Active

I have a 2015 GT Premium with about 83K on it that cutout and would not restart last night right after I shutdown to go into store
When I returned, not starting, displayed "Run Power Active" message.
I had filled the tank a few hours earlier.
I would get varying lights blinking on and off and it also stated shutting down to conserve battery power.
Battery displayed 9.6V
I left and returned with jumper cables and the car started. Suspect Battery may be going bad.

I tried to start it again this morning and it started a little reluctantly. Same thing just now.
Battery displays 13.3V.
I have a New Battery but have not replaced it yet (Doing that later today) - Previous Motorcraft battery dated 2018
Low Fuel warning is displayed after start up and then the Fuel gauge starts slowly going to Full Tank.

I am in Mesa, Arizona so it does not rain often. In the past year, after a hard rain, I would receive a check engine light. It usually goes away a few days after the rain goes away and it gets Hot again.
I had the codes pulled (Do not have them currently) and it referenced
  1. Lowside Fuel Pressure Sensor
    • What is the correct Part Number?
      • Been reading other Forums and some issues with this part being updated from BU5Z-9F972-B to BU5Z-9F972-CA.
  2. Evap Purge Solenoid
    • What is the correct Part Number?
Where are these parts located on the 2015 Mustang GT Premium? (Any Pictures?)
How difficult is it to replace them?
Any How To videos for this for a 2015 GT Premium or later?

Any help appreciated.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:22 PM
JimC

That sounds like maybe a failed/failing alternator. On the S197 it will cause all kinds of strange problems and I imagine that is the same with the S550.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:44 PM
ETP1

I took car back to the dealer and they replaced the battery.
Still under Warranty - No Charge.
In Arizona, batteries go fast.
I replaced the 1st battery April 2018.
I bought the car February 2015.
Second battery only lasted 30 months. (2.5 Years)