Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Post Roush Supercharger Install Blues

Old 09-06-2016, 04:02 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

You must be needing longer outputs than I do! I've found the Roush setup good... but then I'm not pushing my GT for long periods of time. You can always get more than a Roush tune... but I settle for that for piece of mind.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jc5057
I will add to your experience Stang50 I have the roush phase 1 in my 2015 auto with m/t street comp tires on the rear and for the most part they hook good but I do get the bog sometimes as well from 2nd accerlating hard to 3rd and it is not traction control or nannies I agree with darkmach1 is believe it is something in the Roush Tune that is crappy. I don't race at the strip so its nots much of a issue but when warranty runs out I would like a to get a tune for it other then Roush and I bet it will run much better.
Thanks. I want to get the tune evaluated but the Roush OS is not supported by the performance guy's software here. Good to know I'm not the only one with the bogging experience so thanks for letting me know.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
You must be needing longer outputs than I do! I've found the Roush setup good... but then I'm not pushing my GT for long periods of time. You can always get more than a Roush tune... but I settle for that for piece of mind.

Nice badges! We'll see What happened Mr. D.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:23 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Here is what my thought is when iat temps hit 100 degrees the car runs like crap pcm pulls timing and causes power fade hesitation and all. I drove my car early am in 58 degrees and iat got to 67 oh my God this car ran like a dream no hesitation or surging. The stock roush heat exchanger sucks no fans and is single pass thin. I am looking at trying out the Killer Chiller to keep iat temps low so I have winter time performance all the time through summer with not having to add ice water to resivoir. I just want my car to have all the power all the time
Old 09-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

I have/had the 670 setup on an auto GT stock setup with just a DSS carbon fiber shaft. You are a second slower than you should be. It was 104deg when I went and here is my slip. AI temps where north of 175. I added the VMP triple pass HE sense then but have not been back with the car. Go get some pulls on a dyno have them log, Roush can check over things

Name:  20160703_173254_zpsvpt3159c.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  89.8 KB

I say had because my baby took 52" of water in the flood in Louisiana
Old 09-15-2016, 09:08 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

How did you like the vmp triple pass heat exchanger I am actually going that route instead of the Killer Chiller
Old 09-15-2016, 09:27 PM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

I didn't get to track test it but traffic day's temps didn't get over the 130's. The exchanger is very well built, easy to install. Caught it on sale also
Old 09-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the posts guys and the information about the Lund tune. But due to my warranty, I am going thru the proper channels to try and get it resolved. I know you know how aggrevating the bogging is jc5057. Just turns my stomach when it happens cuz you're just waiting for RPMs to come back up. Feels like an eternity when someone is in the next lane pulling away with less motor. Happy for you Mr. D that you have had no issues with your installs.

I will say in all fairness that Roush and the dealership seem to be accommodating in helping me straighten this out. I contacted both and Roush is sending an updated tune to flash onto my ECM. You will be interested to know jc5057 that Roush was aware of issues with the S550 automatics but we're surprised with my report about the manual. But they did say they had an update which I was happy to hear. Being optimistic but cautious that this will fix the problem since I still believe a dyno is necessary to really dial it in. But giving them a chance to make it right.

Hopefully the tune will be here next week and I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

A few other things after rereading the posts. Dragonetti, thx for sharing your 1/4 ticket. 11.4 is actually where I'm expecting to be with my current build. So I think I'm on target once I get the lag issue out of the way.

I also want to ask you guys about cooling. I knew getting a roots style super would result in excessive heat issue that I would have to deal with. The heat soak is definitely not joke and the car really hates back to back runs. I even had the little wrench warning light come one half way down the track and I couldn't get about 2K RPMs for the last 1/8. Someone mentioned liquid meth and I did some reasearch on the kits available. Any experience or knowledge to share on this technology?

Also, any of you change your clutch due to having a supercharger? I've smelled some burning occasionally with hard starts on the street and felt the clutch slip the other day when accelerating hard after shifting into 5th at about 85 mph.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:28 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info about roush as I am going to call them Monday and rattle there cage for the updated tune your talking about as I do have the auto. I don't track my car but when drag racing people I have felt it and it only does it when engine and ambient are hot like 90 to 100 degrees.

As fad as heat soak yeah no joke. I was going to go with the Killer Chiller for intercooler chilled fluid but decided against hacking up my ac system and no more warranty on ac compressor. So I bought the vmp triple pass heat exchanger with dual 11 inch fans. I will be installing that in a week once it gets here and will keep you posted .
As far as meth/water I heard good things about it as it hooks up to your air intake before throttle body as you have a trigger to inject the mist to cool IAT way down. I know american muscle has this for sale and next summer I may try it as weather is cooling now .

Search this Thread