Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Roush Stage 1 SuperCharger on stock s550?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Default Roush Stage 1 SuperCharger on stock s550?

Hey guys I was on here a couple years ago. I sold my Mustang and bought a Scat Pack. Recently ive been watching videos online with the new s550 getting roush Superchargers installed at some FORD dealers. They have 2 kit to chose from the stage 1 at 670hp and the stage 2 at 727hp. From what they claim that the new 5.0 s550 stock internals can handle the power no problem. Is this true? And what about the rest of the car like the drivetrain?

If the s550 can really handle the power of the stage 1 in particular I'm really considering it. It would be a great cost effective way for me to get more compared to adding a Supercharge to my Scat Pack since I do not have forged internals. Plus the Mustang GT is cheaper then what my Scat Pack cost. So with the Supercharger installed on the GT from the FORD dealer it would come out to the same price I paid for my Challenger. But a lot more Power and lighter car!!!

Another thing that I wonder about getting this done to the car is how much would it shorten the engine life??
Old 09-23-2016, 09:34 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I have the stage one installed by the Ford dealer and purchased the Roush power train warranty. Plenty fast and projected to be reliable based upon the warranty. They wouldn't warranty it if they didn't believe in it. Stage 2 is another animal and pushes the internals to the non warranty limit, don't recommend it. Who knows how much it will shorten the engine life, too many variables. The only real weak link are the axles which is why Ford Racing came out with better axles right off the bat. Put them on if you are drag racing or doing burnouts every day, otherwise, don't worry about it.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:28 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
I have the stage one installed by the Ford dealer and purchased the Roush power train warranty. Plenty fast and projected to be reliable based upon the warranty. They wouldn't warranty it if they didn't believe in it. Stage 2 is another animal and pushes the internals to the non warranty limit, don't recommend it. Who knows how much it will shorten the engine life, too many variables. The only real weak link are the axles which is why Ford Racing came out with better axles right off the bat. Put them on if you are drag racing or doing burnouts every day, otherwise, don't worry about it.
Thats kinda what i was thinking myself and the reason i chose the stage 1. Just wanted to ask and hear opinions to make sure. Also to see if anybody with it installed has run into and reliability issues with it yet? Sounds like a great set up!!
Old 09-25-2016, 09:57 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

I have a 2015 GT I installed the roush phase 1 on to. the engine and tranny and driveline are holding up fine. No problems. I don't baby it either. I just advise a better heat exchanger besides roush one with fans on it if you daily drive it so it wont heat soak at stop lights. Other then that 1800 miles on it since I installed it car has 14000 total and no issues
Old 09-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Thomv

Originally Posted by jc5057
I have a 2015 GT I installed the roush phase 1 on to. the engine and tranny and driveline are holding up fine. No problems. I don't baby it either. I just advise a better heat exchanger besides roush one with fans on it if you daily drive it so it wont heat soak at stop lights. Other then that 1800 miles on it since I installed it car has 14000 total and no issues
I am also considering going with the stage 1 kit. Just wondering how much it cost including the installation at you Ford dealer?
Old 09-26-2016, 02:00 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thomv
I am also considering going with the stage 1 kit. Just wondering how much it cost including the installation at you Ford dealer?
I can tell you right now im shopping around and it really varies from dealer to dealer. So far one dealer quoted me $8100 for the supercharger and install and another qouted me $10,000. Im basically shopping to find who will give me the best price on the car my trade in and install to get one.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:22 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

I paid 6700 through american muscle and I installed it myself. So if it blows up my engine I am screwed I will just pop a new coyote crate engine the car. But I don't see that happening as this thing is running like a swiss clock and holding up fine . The roush warranty in my opinion is not worth the additional grand. I am confident with the tune it won't blow anything up and I am waiting on a new updated calibration from roush. So I have no bad news wirh roush they been very helpful
Old 09-26-2016, 04:24 PM
jc5057
1st Gear Member

You will be very happy when and if you do supercharge the car it is a complete diffrent animal makes stock feel very slow and weak . I am still smiling as I pile on the miles
Old 10-02-2016, 06:20 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheZman
I can tell you right now im shopping around and it really varies from dealer to dealer. So far one dealer quoted me $8100 for the supercharger and install and another qouted me $10,000. Im basically shopping to find who will give me the best price on the car my trade in and install to get one.
$8100. isn't a bad price IF it is from a Roush authorized dealer. My guy takes about 12 hours to do it very carefully despite the hours Roush says! Remember they have the labor plus the responsibility for the install if there is a problem! 2nd install without problems. You'll love it!
Old 10-02-2016, 07:42 AM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
$8100. isn't a bad price IF it is from a Roush authorized dealer. My guy takes about 12 hours to do it very carefully despite the hours Roush says! Remember they have the labor plus the responsibility for the install if there is a problem! 2nd install without problems. You'll love it!
Yes it would be installed buy a Ford cervice department thats also a Roush dealer. Im not going to lie i might be having second thoughts because i just saw Ford is redesigning the Mustang for 2018. So i might wait. Also i just saw the new 2017 Camaro yesterday at the local chevy dealer. Only evet saw it in pics before that. It was the 50th anniversary. Man was it nice. Way nicer then i thought it was. I can see why Ford is redesigning the Mustang now for 18. Only problem is i know if i wait or maybe decide to get the Camaro im probably not going to end up with it supercharged because the car would be more money and it wouldn't be in the budget anymore. This is a tough call. Do i go nicer car or more power. Head spin. .. Lol

Quick Reply: Roush Stage 1 SuperCharger on stock s550?