Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

I have a new 2017 Mustang GT Premium with a huge Sync Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Jacob Garr

Question I have a new 2017 Mustang GT Premium with a huge Sync Problem

So I have a 2017 GT Premium just picked it up this weekend YAY! However it is constantly saying usb inserted is not functioning.... There is no usb inserted in either usb slot. I have master reset sync and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and reconnected it but it still says it constantly and annoyingly. This car was traded in with only 2k miles on it and I thought I had a steal of a deal ..... didn't notice this till I got home ..... Dealer says sold as is and I could take it to Ford but I am scared as I am not sure what previous owner did to it..... and I don't want it tagged as not under manufactures warranty if I got to just trade it back in when the 2018's come out if I cant fix this. When I removed the plastic guard that the fuse box would be at both the fuse cover and fuse puller were missing .... Also it is missing randomly enough a door handle guard on passenger side (that i missed when looking the car over too....) I feel really stupid as I should have noticed these but I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions to possibly fix this issue?

TLDR: Sync says usb is malfunctioning even though there is no usb inserted advice?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:04 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

As is? Lol how did the dealer void the 3yr/36k mile warranty? Join mustang6g, post in the issue section and ask someone to tag a ford rep.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Jacob Garr

Ohhh sorry its a dodge dealer that sold me it and I refused their certified warranty.... sorry if that wasn't clear.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Cattivo

The Ford 3/36 is fully transferable. I don't understand why the Ford dealer won't take care of this...unless you have more than 36k miles? Doesn't make sense.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Jacob Garr

Your right the ford dealership will probably take care of .... me being the second owner just afraid the previous owner tried to do something and maybe voided it since the fise plate and fuse puller are missing and it came with that weird error. I guess i will be taking it to the ford dealership. I was thinking of just getting rid of it qhen 2018 comes out if it cant be fixed with out spending thousands to replace the sync system .... idnt want them to flag it and hurt resale value.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:34 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

A Ford dealer sold it with no Ford warranty? That sounds like Ford would not want that! Scratches & dents I understand, but no sdI'd contact the Area's Ford Factory Rep.& ask for help. Is sounds like bad business to sell the car as is! Do you have the remainder of the Ford warranty?? Go to another dealer! Check with a highly recommended stereo shop! It may be something easy to fix. Sources like a Mac, or PC Forum might be helpful with some ideas about what would cause a USB connection do that!

http://www.mac-forums.com/music-audio-and-podcasting/

Last edited by Mr. D; 12-06-2016 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Jacob Garr
Ohhh sorry its a dodge dealer that sold me it and I refused their certified warranty.... sorry if that wasn't clear.
Originally Posted by Mr. D
A Ford dealer sold it with no Ford warranty? That sounds like Ford would not want that!
You missed reading his post - he bought it used from a DODGE dealer.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
TBF, I'm kinda confused as to why a Dodge dealer would have a 2017 GT that's used. Someone actually bought a 2017 GT, which started to became available in August of this year, and then traded it in ~3 months later?

Anyway! Sounds like one of the USB ports is bad. You could try blowing them both out with canned air as there may be something touching one of the connections, alternatively, bring it to a Ford dealership as others have suggested.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:22 PM
CaptainX
1st Gear Member

If it's under warranty (you can check the status of the warranty on the ford website) then go in and have them look at it. If it's found that the issue is user created, they will just tell you they're not going to fix that under warranty. It won't void the warranty of everything else. No sense in having the warranty if you're afraid to use it.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:33 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Doesn't matter, the original factory warranty stays in place. OP should drive the car right up the *** of the salesman who said it's "as-is."

But the real question is why did a Dodge dealer have a 2017 Mustang with 2000 miles as a trade in.