Roush Supercharger Problems (CEL on) - MustangForums.com

The New S550 2015-2017 Mustang Discussions on the newest generation of the Ford Mustang.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
BillgatesMuscle

Unhappy Roush Supercharger Problems (CEL on)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so I hope I am posting to the right section of this forum.
Anyways, I just installed a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger kit on my 2015 GT. The kit is great and everything started up and works just fine. However, I am getting a CEL that will not go away. It is P0315 and it has to do with the crankshaft position sensor. I am not sure what to do here and I am not comfortable driving the car with the CEL on at all. Any ideas? I sent my PCM to Roush to have it tuned and judging by the fact that the car runs great I don't think the problem is because of their tune. Does the load from the supercharger change the crank dynamics enough to need a relearn? I'm going to call Roush and Ford in the morning but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
BillgatesMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I have heard of people needing to do the crank position sensor relearning process after changing tunes and nodding their coyote cars. I don't have personal experience with the problem, but I you should Google "mustang crank relearn procedure" and see of that looks like the issue you're having.
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
BillgatesMuscle

Thanks for your reply. I was looking on google but a lot of people said just rev it up and it'll clear but that didn't work for me. I called Roush and they said it was normal after flashing the PCM. I made an apportionment with my local Ford dealer to get it figured out. The guy on the phone said it should be $40. I'll let you know when I get it back.
BillgatesMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error codes, p0315, roush, supercharger