Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Driver Side Window Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 05:12 AM
Rossiter2015

Default 2015 Driver Side Window Adjustment

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the Mustang world and hopefully someone can help. I have a 2015 Eco-Boost, but lately I've been noticing a lot of wind noise through my driver side window. After further inspection it looks like the window does not go up all the way once the door closes. Does anyone know how to adjust the window so it will go up all the way and seal against the weather stripping? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Raymond
Old 02-11-2018, 01:20 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

If you have to ask it is out of your league to fix. You have to remove the door panel and start playing with the window mechanism to make it go up farther. Take it to your dealer, under warranty I suspect.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Rossiter2015

Glad that people on here are so supportive to new members! I had the door panel off earlier, I'm sure a two year old could have done that part. I just need to know what part of the window mechanism to adjust, which I'm sure is only a couple bolts. The car is out of warranty and I don't feel like being bent over by a dealer to fix a minor problem. Thanks again for the support, maybe someone actually useful will post on here.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:59 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I apologize but if you can't look at which bolts hold the mechanism and look for slotted holes, loosen and adjust, then you shouldn't be doing it. Since you are not a 2 year old, figure it out.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Rossiter2015

Wow again so much help from one of the senior members of the forum! You should be proud of yourself, no wonder why people hate Ford owners.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:46 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Again I apologize. Look at the bolts holding the mechanism, loosen them, see if they allow the mechanism to move a little and move it up until it fits. Don't know what else to tell you. That is the only thing holding the motor and scissor system to the door. The window is fixed in the lower rail of the scissor assembly. Move the assembly, the window moves. Having said all of that, check that your passenger window drops just a little when you open the door and then pops back up when you close it. See if your driver's door window does the same thing. I bet that it is not and that is why your window is not closing. That means you have a problem with the motor and or sensors that control that. There is a switch not working to make all of that happen. That fix is beyond my pay grade and if it were me, I'd just go to the dealer. Best of wishes and good luck.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:36 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I bet the window not going up when you close the door was the problem all along.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:01 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I guess we will never know what was really wrong. I wanted to email you but your settings won't allow it apparently. I'm pretty sure sensor/relay/switch that controls the window going up and down when opening and closing the door is your problem. Alas, I don't know how to fix it. Electronics in these modern cars aren't my thing.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Rossiter2015
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the Mustang world and hopefully someone can help. I have a 2015 Eco-Boost, but lately I've been noticing a lot of wind noise through my driver side window. After further inspection it looks like the window does not go up all the way once the door closes. Does anyone know how to adjust the window so it will go up all the way and seal against the weather stripping? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Raymond
There is usually a relearn or calibration process for our car windows. 05+ have it. I believe 2010+ have it. I'm not certain on the 2015+ At this point, unless you can find it online, dealer.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Vidgomd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
There is usually a relearn or calibration process for our car windows. 05+ have it. I believe 2010+ have it. I'm not certain on the 2015+ At this point, unless you can find it online, dealer.
Interesting how do you find the relearn method for an 05 sometimes If I’m driving the window will bounce back down if I try to make it close with 1 touch

Quick Reply: 2015 Driver Side Window Adjustment