Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Official: GT350 will have 5.2 liter, 500+ HP flat-plane V8

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Yep, must be true, a magazine has confirmed!
More like a credible source has confirmed it.

Now...

If that source was the PNYXPRESS tabloid I would understand your lack of respect for that tidbit of info. But seeing as how it comes from a source that would tend to confirm their information before coming public with it.

Most people anxious for more innovative trends coming from Ford...would say this is exciting news.

Some still prefer until that piano actually falls on them before they say yep...its happening.

just saying
---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-12-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:59 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

"Credible" sources have been known to jump the gun on info they receive just to later find out it was "just a rumor"

---yeah I said it.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Well...if its a matter of waiting for that Piano to drop...

You only have to wait until January 2015. Until then its just a matter of bracing for it.

Just saying
---
Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Ford Performance is the newly announced innovations division that will combine SVT, RS and Ford Racing under one umbrella.
---
Plus this doesn't change anything other than budgeting of cash flow.

PepsiCo, as one example, does the same thing with its products.
Doritos, Lays, Fritos are all there own individual brands under the FritoLay division.

It doesn't change the brand identity just because its now under a new "divisional" name that lumps them all together.
Its all about budgeting funds. This will help one brand while possibly hurt the others financially within the division.
Before each brand had a budget and got their funding directly from Ford. Now they will make a budget and give it to the Division. Then the division will determine how to distribute the funds received From Ford Corporate.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Ummm...right.

They were hell bent on changing brand identity and funneling it into a single budget.

It has nothing to do with opening up their innovation segment and driving more concepts through that pipeline. You know how most businesses are restructuring for tomorrow. As if the planning of 20 new vehicles introduced via this new division by 2020 is only about hurting a brand or cash flow management. Uh huh.

I hope they listen to you since that simplified business model of yours would benefit them so much.

hmmmmm
---
Old 12-14-2014, 06:33 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Plus this doesn't change anything other than budgeting of cash flow.

PepsiCo, as one example, does the same thing with its products.
Doritos, Lays, Fritos are all there own individual brands under the FritoLay division.

It doesn't change the brand identity just because its now under a new "divisional" name that lumps them all together.
Its all about budgeting funds. This will help one brand while possibly hurt the others financially within the division.
Before each brand had a budget and got their funding directly from Ford. Now they will make a budget and give it to the Division. Then the division will determine how to distribute the funds received From Ford Corporate.
As a folllowup...from A Ford PRESS CONFERENCE.

Ford Motor Company has just announced the creation of a new skunkworks organization called simply Ford Performance. The new division will be lead by 2015 Mustang chief engineer Dave Pericak and incorporates SVT, Team RS, and Ford Racing into a single, globally recognized organization. The news come via a press conference held December 11th, wherein which Ford announced generalized product and business plans through 2020.

Included in the announcements is Ford’s plan to introduce 12 new performance vehicles globally within the five-year timeframe. This includes the just-announced Focus RS hot hatch destined for U.S. shores and the recently announced 2016 Mustang GT350 . The performance vehicles already in Ford’s portfolio include the Fiesta ST and Focus ST and the F-150 Raptor. Expect refreshed versions of these vehicles to be among the 12 expected models.

Speaking at the conference, Ford’s vice president of global product development, Raj Nair, said, “Ford remains committed to innovation through performance. Our new global Ford Performance team ties together racing, performance vehicles and parts. It will allow us to more quickly introduce products and accessories that meet the needs of customers around the world on-road and on the track.”

In a statement released after the conference, Ford says it considers racing an important proving ground for cultivating passionate engineers that can overcome challenges that require successful solutions in very compressed time frames. The new Ford Performance umbrella will act as an “innovation laboratory and test bed to create unique performance vehicles, parts, accessories and experiences for customers.”
Now we all know this is firsthand knowledge from FORD.

BoOm
---
Old 12-14-2014, 07:18 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I like the idea of the Focus RS.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:43 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Yep. A lot of times its a rolling eyes kind of reaction to a lot of rumors. So very often you have to consider the source of that rumor. Speculating about possibilities isn't trying to pass hearsay or conjecture off as truth. More often its about reviewing what the possibilities are based on the past and present. When you read these speculations put out there by industry reporters who follow the trends as a part of their life, its an easier pill to swallow.

Also if you don't like what you're reading you can simply ignore it or rebut with your own speculation. If all you wanted to do on an open forum was read the details after the facts... there really wouldn't be a need for this type of social medium. You could simply go on facebook and chat it up with your personal circle of friends.

Yuppers, my 2 cents
---
I do not disagree with these thoughts or speculations if they are from a reliable source or from professional media who are trained and disciplined in screening out false speculations and only putting out reliable rumors free of any opinions

Just like my GT350 "Voodoo" engine example, a leak said the 5.2L "Voodoo" made 600BHP, but that was all that was leaked. And it should have been left at that. But there were 2nd hand people who are not professional media workers and they put in completely incorrect speculations about the GT350 and swore up and down that the GT350 would be a 600BHP car at full production. Those guys have no knowledge of designing a car and all the constraints due to multinational regulations and FoMoCo's minimum product quality policies. Completely ignoring these constraints, these naive second hand speculators completely destroyed a rumor from its raw and untainted form and turned it into a complete lie.

Raw truth vs BS speculation:
Did the GT350 "Voodoo" engine ever produce 600BHP? Absolutely. But that was only during engine development. It never would have made 600BHP at mass production.
Why did the BS speculation take such a strong hold? One of the major reasons why this false "600BHP at production" lie took such a strong hold was because of the massive Ford vs Chevy rivalry. We don't have that here in Mustang Forums but go to YouTube or other car forums and you will see hundreds of Chevy fans and Ford fans bashing on the others' cars with full hatred. The 600BHP leak was used as a massive e-war weapon by Ford fans to shove into Chevy fans' faces.

Sure, the 600BHP achieved during developmental stages does show possibilities for aftermarket vendors to produce products to possibly get back at this phenomenal power, but for naive secondhand speculators to vehemently push that the GT350 would be a 600BHP car at mass production is wrong.
What I dislike even more is that these secondhand speculators drove their speculations as fact instead of just a guess.
And once these secondhand speculators were proven wrong, they never once apologized or otherwise admitted they were wrong.

I admit, I too make speculations, but I tout those only as assumptions and guesses.
Sure, every now and then I will strongly believe in one of my guesses as if it will be a fact, but I will admit if I am wrong.

Likewise, I myself strongly dislike to speak in absolutes or as if something will happen. This is why I speak in the conjectural and try to begin with my claims as only my guesses and assumptions. And I strongly prefer to use conjectural words such as "should," "could," and "would" instead of absolute words as "shall, "can," and "will."

Ford Motor Company has just announced the creation of a new skunkworks organization called simply Ford Performance. The new division will be lead by 2015 Mustang chief engineer Dave Pericak and incorporates SVT, Team RS, and Ford Racing into a single, globally recognized organization. The news come via a press conference held December 11th, wherein which Ford announced generalized product and business plans through 2020.

Included in the announcements is Ford’s plan to introduce 12 new performance vehicles globally within the five-year timeframe. This includes the just-announced Focus RS hot hatch destined for U.S. shores and the recently announced 2016 Mustang GT350 . The performance vehicles already in Ford’s portfolio include the Fiesta ST and Focus ST and the F-150 Raptor. Expect refreshed versions of these vehicles to be among the 12 expected models.

Speaking at the conference, Ford’s vice president of global product development, Raj Nair, said, “Ford remains committed to innovation through performance. Our new global Ford Performance team ties together racing, performance vehicles and parts. It will allow us to more quickly introduce products and accessories that meet the needs of customers around the world on-road and on the track.”

In a statement released after the conference, Ford says it considers racing an important proving ground for cultivating passionate engineers that can overcome challenges that require successful solutions in very compressed time frames. The new Ford Performance umbrella will act as an “innovation laboratory and test bed to create unique performance vehicles, parts, accessories and experiences for customers.”
Since this comes directly form FoMoCo, I will believe this.
This is the kind of source material speculators should always quote.
If an rumor without a source comes out, the leak spreaders should do their best to justify that their sources are legitimate. Sure they want to protect their sources, but the rumor mongers must understand that the onus of justifying that their info is correct is completely on them.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 12-14-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I would only follow and repeat from credible sources. As such the words i relay are not my own. However, when it comes to speaking to technologies and innovations I can only draw from what is real and in the pipeline of reality since I too work in the innovations and technology sector.

As such I also do not leak info... I relay what is confirmed. If you or anyone has an issue with it you can simply choose to ignore or just not believe it.

Again as my example the topic of this thread opens with JZ stating that my wish has come true. When in fact I only spoke to what I knew was a certainty based on industry information that was purposely planted..not leaked.

Also, I only spoke to the technology of the flat plane crank and the benefits it would provide should ford decide to implement this in their latest HALO car, not the speculated power ratings.

I never repeated the speculations of the final HP ratings. I only heralded the arrival of a FPC motor and what it meant for the future of Ford.

I also mentioned on another thread that was claiming how sexy the latest concepts from Lincoln are and suggested a logical approach towards unifying all the performance aspects of FORD into a division geared towards implementing innovations, and proving concepts that would benefit the entire company and then trickle into all other divisions..

again all based on logic. And what is already known.

So if you're taking offense to my having mentioned these things then that is your personal problem. For whatever your personal reasoning is. But, my sharing it is simply to fuel and share the excitement in what the future holds for a Company that is not only doing well financially, but also beginning to take on a new outlook globally.

They make more money and are worth more than twice what GM is. They are striving for more than just image, but also positioning themselves to be considered a peer among global rivals where GM and Dodge are still somewhat of a joke. At least moreso than FORD.

Just saying
---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-14-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I like the idea of the Focus RS.
I went to my dealer to ask for information about the upcoming intro of this variant into the US market.... looking to get one for my oldest daughter.

I was simply asked to call back mid January and ask for my sales rep directly to discuss.

2015 is going to be an exciting year for all of the US motor companies, by from the looks of it..far more for Ford.

Sweet
---

Quick Reply: Official: GT350 will have 5.2 liter, 500+ HP flat-plane V8