Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Worries about the 2015 unjustified!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Worries about the 2015 unjustified!

I drove 2015 GT today. I've been concerned that the changes in the 2015 would affect my liking of the car. I was wrong! I needed to see the car in the flesh to really appreciate it. I'm not sure I think it looks better than a nice early Mustang, but it looks good especially from the driver's seat. Nice hood look! The suspension changes make it a nicer riding car even when not racing it. The paddle shifting on the auto works nicely after you get used to it.

After driving the Mustang & drove a new Camaro. How in the hell do some shows comparing the two cars prefer the Camaro. The Camaro may have a small edge when racing around a track which I don't know, but after driving the Mustang, the Camaro was a real disappointment. It has that closed in feeling I hate about newer Corvettes. It also road poorly for having an IRS. The styling is right out of a "Transformer Movie" as if it was designed for a 10 year old in love with cartoons. Of course I'm both old, & old school, but GM has lost me with both the Camaro & Corvette while the Mustang will steal sales from the bottom end of the European sports cars.

I also drove the supercharged Cadillac which was fast, but I still liked the Mustang better in every way.

I was negative of the 2015 Mustang, but it's an improvement mainly in ride & handling. "IF" I buy one when prices calm down & put a Roush Supercharger on it & it will be amazing! A "cheapo's GT 500 with a better ride around town! (Smile) For most people the stock GT has more power than they need! Why Ford doesn't have a 5.0L with a Supercharger & big brakes amazes me! It would hurt GT 500 sales of course, because it would be a much better value then buying a Shelby with its "limited supply" price tag!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I traded my '13 5.0 in on a 2015 Ruby Red GT 6spd premium, one week ago, tomorrow and couldn't be happier with it. It feels like a $60000 car compared to any of the other 3 mustangs I have owned. Ford didn't sweat a single detail inside and out. This car was put together tightly. Very upscale interior design and layout. As for the engine... My '15 GT, with the manual, and in track mode, feels faster than my '13 5.0 with the 93 octane race tune. Anybody who's skeptical of this car, owes it to themselves to take one for a drive!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

D say it ain't so, you thinking of buying a Fusion coupe!
Just kidding glad you were able to see the beauty of the design!
But a supercharger may not be needed, as it is possible to get 450 rwhp, with just headers, exhaust, intake and a tune, and that would be more than your old car had, for less than half of what a supercharger would cost you!
And as far as prices, people are already getting them for under MSRP, but due to inflation the prices seem high, but everything is high!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

My local dealer won't let anyone test drive the 2015 Mustangs.....
Lame. Very lame.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:10 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
D say it ain't so, you thinking of buying a Fusion coupe!
Just kidding glad you were able to see the beauty of the design!
But a supercharger may not be needed, as it is possible to get 450 rwhp, with just headers, exhaust, intake and a tune, and that would be more than your old car had, for less than half of what a supercharger would cost you!
And as far as prices, people are already getting them for under MSRP, but due to inflation the prices seem high, but everything is high!
Thanx for the friendly suggestion Al, but I think I'll stick to a Mustang GT!

Contrary to opinions on another thread that will not be mentioned, I do admit it when I'm wrong, & my opinion of the new Mustang has unwarranted. The nicest look is in the driver seat looking out over the hood. Reminds me of a C1 Corvette's long hood.

I couldn't appreciate the look until I saw in on a lot. I'm not sure I like the design better that earlier models, but the ride, handling & interior are better. You are right about the HP, but more is never enough! 575 with an auto would be more nicer for a senior like me! Superchargers are so nice because it runs like a stocker until you put your foot in it. No multiple add-on mods to cause problems. The sensible thing would be to buy a GT, & put a sensible tuner & leave at that! The 2015 5.0L runs pretty nice as it is!

I gave the Ford salesman a ride in my tuned Ecoboost Screw F150 filled with tool boxes, etc. & woke him up a little! It does the 1/4 in about 13 sec. which isn't bad for something as heavy as a battleship!

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-25-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

When do the 2015 GT 500 Shelbys get seen? Whats the holdup?

Are there any pictures of them?

Also what happened to all the various stripe, hood,& wheel options that were available?
Old 11-25-2014, 05:37 AM
BlueBellThunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
When do the 2015 GT 500 Shelbys get seen? Whats the holdup?

Are there any pictures of them?

Also what happened to all the various stripe, hood,& wheel options that were available?
I don't believe they're making Shelbys this year. They announced a Shelby GT 350 for 2016 to be released next fall. To the other poster who commented about prices, I just got a 15 GT for $3100 off MSRP. But the prices have gone way up. My 2010 MSRP was $34000. On the 15 it was $38100. I got the same model, GT premium with no add ons. So far I'm loving the 15.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
I don't believe they're making Shelbys this year. They announced a Shelby GT 350 for 2016 to be released next fall. To the other poster who commented about prices, I just got a 15 GT for $3100 off MSRP. But the prices have gone way up. My 2010 MSRP was $34000. On the 15 it was $38100. I got the same model, GT premium with no add ons. So far I'm loving the 15.
Congrats on your new mustang! I still can't believe ford was able to keep the pricing very similar to the outgoing car, especially when this car is sooo much more improved. Mine stickered for $38,710, but I was able to get it for just under $36k. Another dealer wanted me to pay almost $35k for a base model GT. If I'm gonna pay more I might as well get more.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:25 AM
BlueBellThunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
Congrats on your new mustang! I still can't believe ford was able to keep the pricing very similar to the outgoing car, especially when this car is sooo much more improved. Mine stickered for $38,710, but I was able to get it for just under $36k. Another dealer wanted me to pay almost $35k for a base model GT. If I'm gonna pay more I might as well get more.
Some dealers think they have gold with the new Mustang. Why they don't understand is winter is coming and most people aren't buying Mustangs in winter. 35k for a base is insane. I love all the new features this one has over the 2010 I traded in.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
My local dealer won't let anyone test drive the 2015 Mustangs.....
Lame. Very lame.
Tire kickers right? Hope they don't do that to serious buyers. I would not buy anything without driving it first.

Quick Reply: Worries about the 2015 unjustified!