Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 GT Premium Hard to Find?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 05:44 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Well OP any luck?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Sailor

Yes. I found one at one dealer near me, using the Ford.com website. I'll go check it out for a possible test drive. Thanks to all!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:59 AM
topangler25
1st Gear Member

The best thing to do is go to your local dealership. All dealerships can see dealer inventory for the entire country. Dealers make trades all the time. Just going online to find one somewhere in stock means nothing. Usually the sites that the public has access to are not updated in real time. Even if you see a car you want they may not have it anymore. At least at the dealership they have a more up to date system and can then just call the sales manager to verify and then make a trade for the car you want. No one should have to travel to an out of town dealership to get the car they want. My in fact came from 3 states away and the delivery charge was minimal at just 300 bucks. Way better than going to get it myself and no, they did not have a teenager go pick it up and drive it back. They used a truck service to get it.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Sailor

Originally Posted by topangler25
The best thing to do is go to your local dealership. All dealerships can see dealer inventory for the entire country. Dealers make trades all the time. Just going online to find one somewhere in stock means nothing. Usually the sites that the public has access to are not updated in real time. Even if you see a car you want they may not have it anymore. At least at the dealership they have a more up to date system and can then just call the sales manager to verify and then make a trade for the car you want. No one should have to travel to an out of town dealership to get the car they want. My in fact came from 3 states away and the delivery charge was minimal at just 300 bucks. Way better than going to get it myself and no, they did not have a teenager go pick it up and drive it back. They used a truck service to get it.
Nice picture of a fantastic car!

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I'm not going to order anything until I can get a thorough test drive, and I can't really expect a dealer to ship one in just for that purpose, and I'm not willing to make any promises to a dealer about buying one ahead of time.

That said, I'm sort of glad the V8 GT Premiums are a little more scarce than the 4 and 6 bangers. Maybe the 8s will hold value better over time due to relative scarcity...or maybe they'll tank as U.S. drivers drink the global warming KoolAid.

Last edited by Sailor; 03-16-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:01 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

1. Question: The black paint on hood on the Mustang in post #13, what option/model does that appear on? Is it part of the performance package, or some other option??

2. "IF" you are close enough to pickup a "hot selling" car you may be able to get a better price because the dealer that has the car transferred will likely lose the "Hold Back" discount to the dealer that sends it. That means the original dealer has more room to make you a good deal. I don't know the "hold back" or Mustangs (Does anyone out there know with accuracy?) but on some cars it can be more than the markup the dealer charges above MSRP. Dealers hate talking about the hold back because we aren't supposed to know about it!

3. In my area most Mustangs are loaded and Premiums no problem to find. Base inexpensive Mustangs are almost never seen. I suspect it is because there is more profit % markup in options than in the basic price if the car. Imagine how little it costs Ford at the factory level for some of the options. The markup on some options must be tremendous. Also today's buyer is far more likely to pass on a car because it doesn't have 12 speakers & all the extra "necessities" since they can finance 6 or 8K extra into payments & then wonder why they never have any savings to buy a house. It is amazing how many people are raising kids in a rented house & have a 45K car in the driveway making payments! "I want it, & I want it now!" I have two very nice families like this renting my houses!(Oh well, now I'm preaching! LOL!)

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-17-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:58 PM
topangler25
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
1. Question: The black paint on hood on the Mustang in post #13, what option/model does that appear on? Is it part of the performance package, or some other option??

2. "IF" you are close enough to pickup a "hot selling" car you may be able to get a better price because the dealer that has the car transferred will likely lose the "Hold Back" discount to the dealer that sends it. That means the original dealer has more room to make you a good deal. I don't know the "hold back" or Mustangs (Does anyone out there know with accuracy?) but on some cars it can be more than the markup the dealer charges above MSRP. Dealers hate talking about the hold back because we aren't supposed to know about it!

3. In my area most Mustangs are loaded and Premiums no problem to find. Base inexpensive Mustangs are almost never seen. I suspect it is because there is more profit % markup in options than in the basic price if the car. Imagine how little it costs Ford at the factory level for some of the options. The markup on some options must be tremendous. Also today's buyer is far more likely to pass on a car because it doesn't have 12 speakers & all the extra "necessities" since they can finance 6 or 8K extra into payments & then wonder why they never have any savings to buy a house. It is amazing how many people are raising kids in a rented house & have a 45K car in the driveway making payments! "I want it, & I want it now!" I have two very nice families like this renting my houses!(Oh well, now I'm preaching! LOL!)

1. the hood stripe is a Ford accessory. http://accessories.ford.com/exterior...cal-11071.html
yes, you can find others online or just have some one make a custom one but at least if you have it done at the dealership you get a 3 year 36k mile warranty just like factory. plus the price is great. took the dealer 1 day to install it with a minimal charge.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:36 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

1. the hood stripe is a Ford accessory. http://accessories.ford.com/exterior...cal-11071.html
yes, you can find others online or just have some one make a custom one but at least if you have it done at the dealership you get a 3 year 36k mile warranty just like factory. plus the price is great. took the dealer 1 day to install it with a minimal charge.
Thanx for the info. I think a light gray Mustang with a glossy, dark gray hood would look nice. Subtle, not standing out too strongly, but cool! I really like the Ford color on my pickup! It really stays clean looking as does a white car. I don't know what Mustang color is closest to this gray color. A gray Mustang with a darker glossy gray, or even gloss black hood would look good I think.

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-18-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:50 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

My local Southern California Authorized Roush Shop put a Roush Supercharger on my '08 Mustang. Here's a Mustang they put together:

Voss Performance. He's in Fullerton, CA. Look him up on the internet if you are interested. He does engines/mechanical work all kinds of hot rods, not just Mustangs. A really nice guy that does quality work!

This Mustang has an interesting look! It vinyl looks like carbon fiber. I think I'd leave the stripes over the front wheel wells off!

This is the Mustang he did for me in 2008! Ran great & never gave me one problem! Now I need to replace it with a 2015!

Last edited by Mr. D; 03-18-2015 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 PM
topangler25
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Thanx for the info. I think a light gray Mustang with a glossy, dark gray hood would look nice. Subtle, not standing out too strongly, but cool! I really like the Ford color on my pickup! It really stays clean looking as does a white car. I don't know what Mustang color is closest to this gray color. A gray Mustang with a darker glossy gray, or even gloss black hood would look good I think.

silver would be the closest color to your truck. the new magnetic color is much darker than what you have. the darker colors are nice but to me I do not think they show off the body lines of the car as well as a lighter color.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 AM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Great looking car, topangler25, very nice!

Quick Reply: 2015 GT Premium Hard to Find?