Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Limiting gt350 was a mistake

Old 05-04-2015, 06:23 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by viasevenvai
And I apologize if I'm not allowing myself to be considered wrong. I think I could be wrong. You can call me wrong but I just disagree so far with everyone's reason/examples.

I'm not mad at being called wrong but I am a little bothered not a single person has agreed with me in the slightest.
lmao, electric cars are limited to in city transport, not long commutes so they will always be a niche setup. not saying that if better tech came about that couldnt change, but electric battery powered cars and destined to fail due to the driving need of the vast majority of americans, and there will always be a market for rare performance cars, just go to any car show or collector auction and see.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:40 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

How do electric cars and Track oriented performance car get mentioned in the same conversation? Anyone that wants and can afford a GT350 will be able to purchase one at the end of the year as a 2016 model. If you want one labeled a 2015 apposed to a 2016 you'll have to pay for the luxuary of owning an incredibly limited production car even thought they'll be built at the exact same time and have The exact same equipment as the 2016s. If your not buying the car as an investment wait 10 more minutes til the 2016s come out!
Old 05-04-2015, 07:46 PM
viasevenvai

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
How do electric cars and Track oriented performance car get mentioned in the same conversation? Anyone that wants and can afford a GT350 will be able to purchase one at the end of the year as a 2016 model. If you want one labeled a 2015 apposed to a 2016 you'll have to pay for the luxuary of owning an incredibly limited production car even thought they'll be built at the exact same time and have The exact same equipment as the 2016s. If your not buying the car as an investment wait 10 more minutes til the 2016s come out!
Tesla is about to build a car that competes with the BMW 3 series. It won't have a transmission and it'll be 4WD with fancy torque vectoring.

The modern electric car travels 400 miles. When is the last time you drove 400 miles and didn't need a 10 minute break? Do you really need an electric car that can recharge in 30 seconds after driving 400 miles? And I'm talking about 2015. In 2016 it might recharge that quickly. And then Ford will be looking at the limited production run of the GT350 (the best reason to own a gas motor)...............it's a picture I'm trying to paint of a possible scenario, and no one here can even use their imagination.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:48 PM
viasevenvai

Originally Posted by jwog666
lmao, electric cars are limited to in city transport, not long commutes so they will always be a niche setup. not saying that if better tech came about that couldnt change, but electric battery powered cars and destined to fail due to the driving need of the vast majority of americans, and there will always be a market for rare performance cars, just go to any car show or collector auction and see.
you and the post after you just demonstrate that you are stuck in the past. That's fine, you don't have to learn. The future thinkers of today will figure out how you work though and get you to come to the bright side.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:20 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Yes, No.

What's the point? If you're saying my view is invalid because I'm not the target market or can't afford it then we're not really talking about much are we?

I obviously am disagreeing with the subject of making the GT350 hard to get.
then your opinion doesn't matter. if you're not in the market to buy a new car, the automakers don't give a damn what you think.

nor do I, I don't even understand what the hell you're complaining about.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:35 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Tesla is about to build a car that competes with the BMW 3 series. It won't have a transmission and it'll be 4WD with fancy torque vectoring.

The modern electric car travels 400 miles. When is the last time you drove 400 miles and didn't need a 10 minute break? Do you really need an electric car that can recharge in 30 seconds after driving 400 miles? And I'm talking about 2015. In 2016 it might recharge that quickly. And then Ford will be looking at the limited production run of the GT350 (the best reason to own a gas motor)...............it's a picture I'm trying to paint of a possible scenario, and no one here can even use their imagination.
when was the last time u saw a tesla charging dock anywhere..................? people want gas cars, or at least a comperable technology. i have yet to see a tesla that is not on the internet or tv. but getting back to the point of the post. if you think that you know more than a company that has been making cars for a century while surviving 2 world wars, and 2 great depressions, then by all means start your own company instead of asking questions on forums and then arguing with the people who answer.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:45 AM
viasevenvai

Originally Posted by jwog666
when was the last time u saw a tesla charging dock anywhere..................? people want gas cars, or at least a comperable technology. i have yet to see a tesla that is not on the internet or tv. but getting back to the point of the post. if you think that you know more than a company that has been making cars for a century while surviving 2 world wars, and 2 great depressions, then by all means start your own company instead of asking questions on forums and then arguing with the people who answer.
It's a forum to hash out ideas and share opinions. If you don't get that then you can leave my post.

With that being said I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm targeting the GT350 because it's my favorite car at the moment. That can be considered a compliment to Ford, yes?

Where do I see charging docks? I have an app on my phone to show me every single one. They are everywhere and I know how I'd get around. Yet again, I wouldn't even be driving 400 miles in a week much less in a day.

Thanks for the thick headed conversation though. Not only has everyone proven they know zero about the future but they are also delusional about what is going to happen soon, maybe even next year, or late this year.

One last thing; If I posted this on the Tesla forum how many responses would I get in my favor (sell as many gas cars as possible now because it isn't happening later)? You say people don't want an electric car but that's just the stale air from the rock you're living under.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:55 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

im sorry, i forgot that u cant win an argument with someone who has given up the use of logic. have fun with your mass electric car fleet, hoverboards, and jetpacks. lmao
Old 05-05-2015, 11:17 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I think your missing the entire point. There is no limit on GT350s. There is only a limit on the ones they ARE CALLING 2015 apposed to 2016. Are the 2015 GT350 available today? NO! Open your eyes and use your head instead of your imagination. THERE WILL BE NO SHORTAGE OF GT350s IN THE LAST QUARTER OF 2015. FORD WILL MAKE AS MANY 2016 GT350s as practical. It'll be just like the current Z28 where after the initial rush of collectors and track addicts that can afford them they'll sit on lots for months due to lack of interest in this type of automobile. Oh and back to the electric car. Maybe in 2016 the government will use mind control devices they have built in a secret government laboratory that will make people actually want over price electrical car that are half as practical as gasoline models.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-05-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:09 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Not only has everyone proven they know zero about the future but they are also delusional about what is going to happen soon, maybe even next year, or late this year.
Really? There is ONLY one things anyone knows about the future-There will be death. Other than that the future is anyones guess, including yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Limiting gt350 was a mistake