Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What SoCal dealer are you ordering your 2016 from?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 AM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Default What SoCal dealer are you ordering your 2016 from?

I am leaning toward getting a 2016 when ordering opens up this month supposedly, but am getting the run around from several dealers in the area who don't want to email me back on my questions (when does ordering start, the procedure, etc).

Who did you use for your previous Mustang and/or who are you going to use for your 2016?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:15 AM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Well, for those interested, I contacted about 10 different dealers via email and "contact us" forms in the last 3-4 days. Did a mix of the big timers (Galpin, Norm Reeves, etc) and other local dealerships. I was very specific in my questions and I requested that we communicate through email.

Galpin immediately called me so I struck them off my list (they later emailed a generic response). The other dealers either emailed a generic response or didn't respond altogether. Except for Bob Wondries Ford... They were the only ones who not only emailed me, but answered every question I had and were extremely timely in their responses.

Looks like I know who I am going through.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:03 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by daltron
Well, for those interested, I contacted about 10 different dealers via email and "contact us" forms in the last 3-4 days. Did a mix of the big timers (Galpin, Norm Reeves, etc) and other local dealerships. I was very specific in my questions and I requested that we communicate through email.

Galpin immediately called me so I struck them off my list (they later emailed a generic response). The other dealers either emailed a generic response or didn't respond altogether. Except for Bob Wondries Ford... They were the only ones who not only emailed me, but answered every question I had and were extremely timely in their responses.

Looks like I know who I am going through.
Nice tactic, daltron! Be sure to PM me once you place your order so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 05-07-2015, 01:44 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Will do, thanks Deysha!
Old 05-07-2015, 03:03 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by daltron
Will do, thanks Deysha!
Any time, daltron!

Deysha
Old 05-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Great idea, I will definitely be doing the same here when it gets closer to ordering time. I have so many Great/Awful experiences with dealerships out here I can never find one I go to more than once or twice without something happening.

What are you looking at/options?
Old 05-09-2015, 09:01 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

I purchased my last four Mustangs from Galpin, great service. A 2010 GT, 2013 GT, 2014 GT, and 6 weeks ago a 2015 GT. They tried to mark-up the price on the 2015 Premium PP by $2500, I said I wasn't having it. Walked out with a price below invoice on a fully loaded Premium. This is our 7th vehicle purchased from Galpin.

Last edited by JB04GT; 05-09-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JB04GT
I purchased my last four Mustangs from Galpin, great service. A 2010 GT, 2013 GT, 2014 GT, and 6 weeks ago a 2015 GT. They tried to mark-up the price on the 2015 Premium PP by $2500, I said I wasn't having it. Walked out with a price below invoice on a fully loaded Premium. This is our 7th vehicle purchased from Galpin.
I had heard good things about them, but they are almost 40 miles away from me so (lack of) long distance communication to me was a deal breaker. Sorry to hear about the PP mark-up but glad you got it below invoice in the end!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:55 AM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rdot9
Great idea, I will definitely be doing the same here when it gets closer to ordering time. I have so many Great/Awful experiences with dealerships out here I can never find one I go to more than once or twice without something happening.

What are you looking at/options?
I would like black, manual, and PP for sure. Debating on premium for the extra driving modes, Sync 3, and nicer seats. Not sure about Recaros (I'm a big guy so I need to sit in them vs. the stock seats before ordering).

What options you looking at?
Old 05-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default A good place to buy

When you know "exactly" what you want, with no changes & kicking tires, etc. call Sunland Ford in Victorville CA. at 1-800-923-4175 and ask For Scott Boyd. Tell him the old guy that bought Toyotas from him sent you! I've sent him customers before. He's a nice guy, so don't screw with him & waste his time. Tell him exactly what you want & ask for his minimum markup sale so you won't waste of his time. You'll get a much better deal with an order that buying off the lot because "I think" it doesn't come out of their dealer allotment of new cars. Just do the paperwork & pick up the car when it comes in. He's straight forward that has given me & my referrals prices no one has beaten in any meaningful amount. If somebody else will sell for $100. less I don't want to play a stupid game to save that amount! Now for $1000. ... game on! I buy my vehicles right! Remember he does have to make "some" commission to be able to eat. You can stop & order a car on the way to Las Vegas!

I've bought new cars for many years, & in my experience the service you get has nothing to do where you buy the car. A good service manager is why you get good service, not because you bought the car there! Sunland had a crap service manager, but now they have a good one that is easy to talk to. He told me if I put a Roush Supercharger on my Mustang, no sweat with the warranty as long as the car has not been abused. He said "Mustang GT's are bought to put your foot in them!" Go to a dealership with a good service manager. They replaced my transmission with a supercharger sitting on the engine! Why not? I don't "beat" my cars! Of course I'm old so they don't know how I drive!

Good luck & hope this helps!

Mr. D

See it looked like an old man's car... you gall danged, young teen boppers racing around my neighborhood in yer hopped up cars!

Last edited by Mr. D; 05-12-2015 at 01:56 AM.

Quick Reply: What SoCal dealer are you ordering your 2016 from?