Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Help with a GT name on Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 03:03 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Help with a GT name on Mustang!

I don't like to offend guys that have "The Real Thang" in an Mustang by building an exact clone. I want to put together a 2016 GT 5.0L with a Roush Supercharger, at about 627 HP. I'll put on some nice vinyl, & upscaled shocks, etc.

For kicks I've considered badging it as a GT 300, or GT 400, or even
GT 5.0 Supercharged, or Supercharged GT 5.0L

Have any suggestions for a name that for the car?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:12 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Leave the stock badging & have a sleeper..........GT300 / GT400 = tacky !
Old 06-20-2015, 11:11 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Ralph? Sounds like a suitable name.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:03 PM
madweazl

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
Ditto
Old 06-21-2015, 02:46 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
You guys have no sense of humor! (Smile) I don't street race since I grew up, so having a sleeper doesn't interest me at all! The point is "converstation piece attention" at a local cruise night rather than faking a "pedigreed Mustang", or irritating a Mustang purist! That's why I wouldn't badge a car as a real model unless it was a completely perfect clone, admit that it was a clone. I don't worry about people that get their panties in a bind about badging since I don't owe auto manufacturers anything, but the profits they made on selling me a car. I think a guy should be able to put what he wants on his car as long as he isn't cheating a buyer. The reality is that most anything you do to a car irritates some purist or the owner of the real thing! No one has to agree for sure, but I'd rather have five perfect clones than one pedigreed car.... because I'm into the car, not the pedigree! I'm not into "Mine is original & yours isn't!"

So, what do you think of "Supercharged 5.0L"? Still tacky! Hell, what's wrong with tacky! Watch TV or go to the movies lately?? Most everything in our culture is tacky today! It's a car! I've even heard all women's ***** aren't original! Should we look the other way in disgust & say tacky? LOL!

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-21-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:36 AM
madweazl

You asked for feedback, some was provided LOL. Not a matter of purity, just oddity for me I guess. I'm not a fan of badges or stickers period. If I could dump the 5.0 emblems without having the holes welded up and repainted, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Instead, I'll have to settle for getting them blacked out since they're the only thing chrome on the entire car (exception being the exhaust tips that are on their way out as well).

Bottom line, if it makes you happy, it really doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:46 AM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

Instead of Supercharged 5.0L, which is very long, why not just "SC5.0"?
Old 06-22-2015, 04:13 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by madweazl
You asked for feedback, some was provided LOL. Not a matter of purity, just oddity for me I guess. I'm not a fan of badges or stickers period. If I could dump the 5.0 emblems without having the holes welded up and repainted, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Instead, I'll have to settle for getting them blacked out since they're the only thing chrome on the entire car (exception being the exhaust tips that are on their way out as well).

Bottom line, if it makes you happy, it really doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.
You are right Sir! That's why they make different flavors of ice cream! I hope you aren't one of those guys that would take '60 Corvette, or '57 Chevy & take off everything that made it a Classic! I hate to see that done on TV to rare classic cars! They tear everything off the car until it looks as interesting as a clothing store dummy full of body filler! It's sad to kill a Classic Car!
Old 06-22-2015, 04:21 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkThorn
Instead of Supercharged 5.0L, which is very long, why not just "SC5.0"?
Not bad! I wonder if they would ask if it was from South Carolina! How about "Charged 5.0"? Of course they then think I didn't have the cash so I "charged" the purchase of the car! Like a "Teenybopper", I like to have my car distinctive, & just what "I" want in the Mustang rather than a GT 350, or GT 500. I also like to get a nice Mustang without the "Limited Production " Pricing. Where I live, you pay through the nose for a GT 350, or 500. No low markup deals!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:41 AM
madweazl

Originally Posted by Mr. D
You are right Sir! That's why they make different flavors of ice cream! I hope you aren't one of those guys that would take '60 Corvette, or '57 Chevy & take off everything that made it a Classic! I hate to see that done on TV to rare classic cars! They tear everything off the car until it looks as interesting as a clothing store dummy full of body filler! It's sad to kill a Classic Car!
Oh I would, I'm a restomod kind of guy. What I like about the classics are the lines. Clean all the goddy crap off and get down to what actually made it nice. Now gut the suspension and brakes and insert modern performance pieces. Next up comes the interior which gets a modern rework. Out with the carbs and in with the fuel injected big block.

Quick Reply: Help with a GT name on Mustang!