Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions?

Old 08-05-2015, 03:33 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Help me find 50th Anniversary Wheels!!

DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHO MAKES THE WHEELS SHOWN BELOW THAT ARE ON THE 50th Anniversary Mustang? I want to buy a basic Mustang GT, but hate the wheels that come with the basic Mustang GT & most all the packages. I also want a higher profile tire that improves the ride instead of the rubber bands they call "Low profile" tires. Yes, I know they improve cornering, but I don't drive that way & don't want the poor ride that goes with them! (I also don't want black rims & skulls on my Mustang no matter how popular! LOL! Too old for immitating movies!)

Anyone know where I can buy the Ford 19" wheels on The 50th Anniversary Mustang at a reasonable price? I want to put a 255/50R 19 or 55R 19 on them for a better ride. Any rim that looks close to this one would be good too! Is there any other way to geet these rims, or ones very close??

Here's the look I'm wanting to create. Nice isn't it even though it doesn't have black wheels?

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-05-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Problems in ordering a new Mustang

Does anyone know a "accurate" source for finding out what options are available "other than 'Build Your Own Mustang' for ordering a 2016?

I find people at the dealerships rarely know much about the option details, & the ordering paperwork the dealer's have is not that clear. The 2016 has more possibilities in ordering options like getting the LeMans stripes as a stand alone option on a Mustang. The details about the different option packages are not widely known or understood by the dealers. I got a copy of the options for the 2016 from the dealer, & it lists option numbers, but is not very clear. For instance how can I order a Mustang with a Ford Wheel I like rather than black, black, black? Soon every Mustang Package will have black wheels! What is the deal with everything Black! Next all Mustangs will have skulls on them for the teenyboppers! I'm not 19, & I don't wear my hat backwards, or like wheels that look like they were sprayed black with a spray can from Home Depot! For those that like them great, but it's my money so I want what I like!

Any ideas other than buying a base GT & having every single thing added after market? Thanx in advance!

I like the Ford Mustang wheel below, or the wheel on the 50 Year Anniversary Car, but no one can tell me how to get it on a 2016 Mustang GT without buying the performance package "that I don't want" because of the ride & then paying even more on top of that to get this wheel I like!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-05-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:26 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

You probably won't like these cause they are Shelby's, but the charcoal color seems like it would work with silver and gray combo you mentioned in the stripe thread.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...eels-2015.html

Those 50th anniversary ones look similar to FR500's, that might be another one to look for.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:27 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Oh they do also make the Shelby's in chrome.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:33 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Damn looky here, by actually just looking I also found these, also from a sponsor.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...0-Wheels#11919
Old 08-06-2015, 04:00 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

I think that those are the ones you are looking for:

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...me=wheel-alloy
Old 08-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
You probably won't like these cause they are Shelby's, but the charcoal color seems like it would work with silver and gray combo you mentioned in the stripe thread.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...eels-2015.html

Those 50th anniversary ones look similar to FR500's, that might be another one to look for.
They look nice, but the price! Is that per wheel? A little pricey! Remember AK, I'm cheap!
Old 08-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=AK_Kayaker;8500641]Damn looky here, by actually just looking I also found these, also from a sponsor.

Not eactly the same, but these are the best option so far, & at a reasonable price! Thanx AK!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-06-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkThorn
I think that those are the ones you are looking for:

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...me=wheel-alloy
Thanx for the help!

I think you are right! I assume they are $2424 a set & they don't even provide picture of them! They must be made of platinum! Am I wrong? I have money because I haven't spent it like that even though I love the wheels. I buy nice looking wheels for cars I restore for $600 to $700 a set of four.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:27 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Do you want the 50th anniversary wheels or the shelby GT wheels that you posted pics to?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to order on a 2016 GT? Opinions?