Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Wins and misses w/ the '15 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Joescat

On my 2016 GT Premium, the three toggle switches that control traction control, steering feel, and drive mode: Hold up the TC switch for several seconds, and AdvanceTrac is disabled.
On my 2013 GT, it was hold down the console button for several seconds while at a stop to disable AdvanceTrac entirely.

As far as the "hidden" glovebox addition, I noticed immediately upon first opening the glovebox, even before I had left the dealership. The index finger sized bright yellow latch kind of negates any sneakiness I think.

Now the new non-obvious sunglasses holder drawer in the left dashboard . . . that's pretty cool!

But did 'ya know there's a "secret" keyfob programming well underneath the rear cupholder? Pull the liner out and it's there.

And in case you missed it, there's a button above the license plate to open the trunk aka luggage compartment.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:27 PM
rpmiracle

Originally Posted by squishbang
I have a Premium w/ the Performance pack

Wins:
*sun glasses compartment to the left of the steering wheel - it's stupid that I make a big deal out of it but it's a quirky attention to detail that I just love about this car.
*hidden glove box in the glove box - Open the glove box, push the little yellow button and another glove box inside the glove box opens! Put your paperwork and stuff in here. Or drugs. Whichever.
*The Recaros - enough said.
*The 8 piece symphony under the hood. This is probably the best sounding car I've ever had. The RX-7, EVO, and STi all sounded really good but this thing makes me tingle down in the naughty parts.
*The tranny - not my neighbor. The 6 speed transmission is wonderful and puts up with my fumbling double clutching while making me look like I actually know what I'm doing.

misses:
*the red crash lights - kinda cool, but why aren't they also a shift indicator? Or did I miss something?
*the trip gauges - the MPG calculations are a mystery, I honestly have no idea how it's figuring out my average mpg. Also, for people who do Rally drives the distance gauge down to 2 decimals would be awesome so you can get a real gauge on how far you've gone. Some times you need to be able to measure under 50 yards and you can't do that.
*Traction control - let me adjust how out of alignment I want to let the car get! TC kicks in pretty quickly just as the fun is starting. If you happen to know what you're doing this isn't desirable. It also means you have to turn TC off on the track, but this puts everything on the driver. How about some middle ground? say 5 or 10 degrees before the Nanny takes over?
*Bluetooth - let me talk to Cortana (or Siri) instead of Sync!
*Navigation - I don't know the address I just know I want to go to the Mi Cocina off of MacArthur! Screw you I'll just use the phone navigation.

Overall I'm still really surprised that this is a Mustang. It's amazingly awesome.
I have had my Mustang 6 months and had no idea it had a hidden compartment within the glove box! HAHA I ran outside to check it out after reading this post.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:29 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

Glad this thread has helped people.

Regarding the nav system: I've spent more time with it and it's not as bad as I make it sound. If you know the address the interface is pretty good at collecting the data. So I use my phone to get the address I want and then enter it in to the nav system. Once there it does a good job directing you the screen is very clear.
So the Nav system isn't exactly a hit but I don't think it is totally a miss either. They just need better integration with phones.

As for hits: The handling after you put on the Ford Racing Handling Pack is note worthy. On the track with the stock OEM tires the car has a very nice progressive over-steer that is easy to control with the throttle or steering wheel depending upon what you're trying to do. I'm just barely to 5K miles and I've already had to replace the rear tires because of my hooligan driving.

Another hit: You can actually fit small people in the back! I'm 6' 2" and have on several occasions had to transport 2 or 3 people in my car. Not terribly long distances but the fact that they fit back there is surprising.