Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Ordering a 2016

Old 09-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I removed any details that might cause the salesman trouble, but this shows how the salesman dealt with me on the order. There is a "Hold Back" amount that is not included in theses sheets buyers are not supposed to know about that can be substantial! That amount plus a discount the dealer gets for paying on the first billing allows them to sell below these figures if you are not standing on a lot all excited to get the car right now. There is still a small profit in the price I payed obviously.

The Mustang discribed here is what I ordered. It should make a nice Christmas present for me!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-25-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

There's a saying, "No small act of kindness ever goes unpunished!" Some of you might remember that I started this thread to make the point there may be a way to afford the Mustang you want as opposed to just walking on the lot. I mentioned that if you could pick up a Ford in Southern Calif. I'd give the contact info. of a salesman that will give you a good deal over the internet if you PM'ed me. I don't make a penny on any car sold, nor will I! The salesman is a really nice guy, & likely some people would like to get a good buy on a car without having to go through all the sales B.S. that you may get at a dealership. One of the ways I get a good deal is that I present the salesman with exactly what I want without any tire kicking, test drives, etc. That's why I irritated some of you by asking for a lot of info. on MF. (Thanx to those who were polite in giving me info. It's appreciated) because between MF & Build & Price I was able to present exactly what I wanted for a bid. Most dealers did everything they could to get me to come into the dealership to be "SOLD" on their stock! About four were willing to deal with me on my terms.... strictly by email with exact bids. PM me know if any of you want the contact info. & can pick up a car in off the Highway 15 in Southern Cal. Very likely will not get as good a deal as I got as a repeat customer with a relationship with the salesman.... but you'll probably get the best deal available without any sales B.S. they use in dealerships! Now days you can do the credit & paperwork online & only have to pick up the car when it comes in.

"No small act of kindness ever goes unpunished!" .... but then who gives a crap! LOL!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Here's three offers received just this moring on buying a Mustang:
Where are the offers. Those are just subject lines referencing a reply from Ford. For all we know they could be emails saying go pound sand, thanks for your interest in a new ford here is $750, or congrats you just won a brand new ford GT.

And you started this thread bad mouthing ford salesmen and their incompetence in ordering a car and how they wouldn't sell it for, in your exact words, "a major discount".

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 09-25-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

PNYXPRESS,

I'm not going to say anything negative to you related to this issue! I'm past that! Responding to you in anger was a mistake & an act that had no positive purpose. I'm not sure what motivates you to need to believe I would lie about buying a new Mustang for some unknown benefit to me. What would I gain doing that? My purpose was to pass along a strategy on how I got a good price. I wish someone would have done that for me when I bought my first new car! Believe whatever you need to believe for whatever reason, but if you had been courteous enough to simply say, "It's hard to believe you got that price, how did you get it?" I would have explained the details. Maybe you need to think about why you needed to essentially call me a liar! What did you get out of insulting me? I'm wondering if you are pretty young. If so, I suggest that you don't infer that people are liars so easily! You have very little to gain doing that! If you do it in person very often, it could negatively affect your smile!

The only thing your last post gives as a reason, it that you felt I was insulting Ford Salesman. You are right! I intended to insult only "those" Ford Salespeople that were too damned lazy to do anything but sell a car off the lot. I think they deserve the insult! They are just lazy! Many would simply walk away if I mentioned ordering a car at all. The fact is I received three worked out bids from Ford Internet Salesman, but even most internet salespeople wouldn't even make a bid on the options I discribed. All the dealers I contacted received the "Build & Price" to use to make a bid. How hard could that be! Most would just send me a stock email trying to get me to come into the dealership, or they made some vague statment that they would beat anyone's bid. Sure! In all, I got three actual bids from internet salespeople out of 14 contacts over the internet. The salesman who sold me the Mustang gave me a bid of $38,383. I told him I'd be happy to buy the car at $37,500. The $500. rebate had recently come out so he sent me the dealer's cost sheet & agreed to sell the Mustang at my price. It's a very minimum markup bid, but the dealership made a profit for ordering the car & delivering it & kept a loyal customer that refers other customers. The Service Manager will even put a Roush Supercharger on for me while still honoring the entire Ford warrantee. The Service Manager & the salesman were both great, but most Ford salespeople were not the least bit helpful & made no effort. They would stand looking out the window & come out with the glad hand, but if I wanted to order a car, forget it! That requires some work! That's the way I see it! When I buy a new car I want the salespeople to make at least enough effort to look at the cost of ordering a car & give me a bid! If that is asking too much, I'll buy some place else, which is what I did!

I'm done, let's move on!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-26-2015 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:16 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Ok, it says the best they can do is 38638 + T&L.

You still haven't shown anything that says you got it for 37,500 like you claim.

So, where is the 10,000 you owe me?
Old 09-26-2015, 04:35 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Ok, it says the best they can do is 38638 + T&L.

You still haven't shown anything that says you got it for 37,500 like you claim.

So, where is the 10,000 you owe me?
I shouldn't have responded to your insult at all, & I really don't care what you think! I don't need your money, & you aren't going to send $10,000 to the Administrator of MF, ..... so maybe you should just let it go & move on!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-26-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:01 PM
shahram72

Interesting.. Can I get a Shaker 12 speaker in a V6 if I custom order? I would be willing to pay for it cause I would upgrade the heck out of the V6 stereo. I'm coming from an Acura RL which has an awesome stereo and it would be nice not to have to modify the car.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:22 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shahram72
Interesting.. Can I get a Shaker 12 speaker in a V6 if I custom order? I would be willing to pay for it cause I would upgrade the heck out of the V6 stereo. I'm coming from an Acura RL which has an awesome stereo and it would be nice not to have to modify the car.
Sorry but no, you have to get a premium trim level, then upgrade to the 12 speaker shaker.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:09 AM
shahram72

That's what I thought. I guess the order process is for people like me who want a very specific car. Silver V6 auto with spare tire and maybe all weather floor mats. They found one but it had $1000 more in options, advanced security and the backup sensors, another they found had the foundry package.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:48 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Ordering

With an order you have to wait awhile, but you get want you want at a better price... if you shop the deal. Everyone's different! I rarely listen to the stereo when I drive a Mustang, so I didn't want much of what I'm paying for with a Premium. That's the way it is today. I assume you've used "2016 Build & Price" to get some of these answers. I found "Build & Price" to be more accurate than getting info. from the dealer.

Hope you get want you want!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering a 2016