Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 12:06 PM
PaulH2

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by inyadreems
I am considering picking up a 15 Stage 3 coupe, auto with every option and wanted some feedback from anyone that owns or has driven one. What are your likes and dislikes etc? How is the power (I read the Roush tune is conservative)? I assume the handling is insane, but is the 3 way adjustable suspension cockpit adjustable or manual adjustment?
I love my 15 Stage 3 (since those pictures, I've installed the Roush heat extractors, which I think are a great improvement, I don't personally like the stock extractors with the Roush hood scoop, it looks asymmetrical from inside): https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...-upgraded.html

Mine is a manual, so I can't comment on the automatic, but you certainly don't need to worry about the power, and there is plenty of torque too, its a joy to drive.

The handling is great, possibly a little stiff for some, but I like it. The chassis is very rigid and although it will slide the back out, you really have to push it. The suspension is manually adjusted (not that I've actually messed with it, I'm happy with the way its set up from the factory).

I think the only thing I dislike is the lack of heating / cooling in the Recaro seats, though they are very comfortable and look great. The 2015 nav system isn't the best, but I've not really had any problems with it either, it's a bit slow to respond sometimes, but it works.

I replaced the bulbs in the map and trunk lights with bright white LEDs, I wasn't impressed with the originals (the map light cluster is identical to that in my previous 2007 GT) and i think bright white fits with the dash lighting better, but that was just me being picky (and its a really easy and inexpensive change).

And the exhaust sound... Yeah, put it in track mode and you can frighten little old ladies from a mile out
Old 12-02-2015, 02:22 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by PaulH2
I love my 15 Stage 3 (since those pictures, I've installed the Roush heat extractors, which I think are a great improvement, I don't personally like the stock extractors with the Roush hood scoop, it looks asymmetrical from inside): https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...-upgraded.html

Mine is a manual, so I can't comment on the automatic, but you certainly don't need to worry about the power, and there is plenty of torque too, its a joy to drive.

The handling is great, possibly a little stiff for some, but I like it. The chassis is very rigid and although it will slide the back out, you really have to push it. The suspension is manually adjusted (not that I've actually messed with it, I'm happy with the way its set up from the factory).

I think the only thing I dislike is the lack of heating / cooling in the Recaro seats, though they are very comfortable and look great. The 2015 nav system isn't the best, but I've not really had any problems with it either, it's a bit slow to respond sometimes, but it works.

I replaced the bulbs in the map and trunk lights with bright white LEDs, I wasn't impressed with the originals (the map light cluster is identical to that in my previous 2007 GT) and i think bright white fits with the dash lighting better, but that was just me being picky (and its a really easy and inexpensive change).

And the exhaust sound... Yeah, put it in track mode and you can frighten little old ladies from a mile out
Thanks for the input
Old 12-09-2015, 07:23 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaulH2

Do you know if the phase 2 upgrade void the power train warranty on a 15/16 Roush Stage 3?
Old 12-15-2015, 12:21 PM
PaulH2

Originally Posted by inyadreems
Do you know if the phase 2 upgrade void the power train warranty on a 15/16 Roush Stage 3?
I don't believe there is a phase 2 upgrade for the S550. The Stage 3 has a bumper to bumper 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty from Roush.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Kyle@ROUSH
Former Sponsor

From what I've been told thus far it is looking like Phase 2 will void warranty.