Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Sync 3 Navigation Failure

Old 12-09-2015, 03:00 PM
jacknifetoaswan

Default Sync 3 Navigation Failure

Hello All -
I'm new to the forum, but not to Mustangs. My last was a 2006 Black GT Premium, and my newest is a 2016 Race Red GT Premium with the Performance Package.

Anyway, I upgraded to Sync 3 with Navigation on this car, and I've been having issues with the nav feature. Randomly, the nav map will either freeze, and start to shake, while my car stays in one spot, or I'll get a popup message that says "Navigation Fault - Navigation is not functioning properly". Like I said, it's random, has never happened in the same spot, or under the same conditions, twice.

I brought it to Jones Ford in North Charleston, SC, about a month ago, and they told me that they couldn't replicate the issue, and that the only way Ford would authorize further troubleshooting or repairs, is for me to get a video of the fault. So, I got the video, and uploaded here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WvW...ature=youtu.be

I took it back to Jones on Monday, they drove the car again, and could not replicate. They put in a ticket with the Tech Hotline, but Ford is now saying that they will not authorize troubleshooting or repairs without the tech replicating, regardless of whether or not I have a video.

I've tried escalating to the dealership owner, as well as Deysha and someone from the Ford In-Vehicle Technology team that frequents themustangsource.com, but so far, I'm SOL. I've found one other person that is having the issue, but Jones is basically telling me that there are too few of these cars on the road, and no one is really 'trained' on them, yet.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

JR
Old 12-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

I had Sync 3 issues when I first purchased my 2016 GT Premium as well (not just nav related, but with Sync 3 randomly not reading from USB, searching not working correctly and other oddities), I went in the settings and did a full reset (I forget exactly where it is, just look around and I'm sure you'll find it). After the reset all issues were gone and it's been perfect ever since. *knock on wood*
I think it may have been the dealer messing around with the settings. The audio quality even sounded better after the reset.

Last edited by Spork3245; 12-09-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:54 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by jacknifetoaswan
Hello All -
I'm new to the forum, but not to Mustangs. My last was a 2006 Black GT Premium, and my newest is a 2016 Race Red GT Premium with the Performance Package.

Anyway, I upgraded to Sync 3 with Navigation on this car, and I've been having issues with the nav feature. Randomly, the nav map will either freeze, and start to shake, while my car stays in one spot, or I'll get a popup message that says "Navigation Fault - Navigation is not functioning properly". Like I said, it's random, has never happened in the same spot, or under the same conditions, twice.

I brought it to Jones Ford in North Charleston, SC, about a month ago, and they told me that they couldn't replicate the issue, and that the only way Ford would authorize further troubleshooting or repairs, is for me to get a video of the fault. So, I got the video, and uploaded here...

I took it back to Jones on Monday, they drove the car again, and could not replicate. They put in a ticket with the Tech Hotline, but Ford is now saying that they will not authorize troubleshooting or repairs without the tech replicating, regardless of whether or not I have a video.

I've tried escalating to the dealership owner, as well as Deysha and someone from the Ford In-Vehicle Technology team that frequents themustangsource.com, but so far, I'm SOL. I've found one other person that is having the issue, but Jones is basically telling me that there are too few of these cars on the road, and no one is really 'trained' on them, yet.

Anyone else seeing something similar?
For this situation you should stay in contact with our Ford IVTTeam Rep on here, jacknifetoaswan.

Deysha
Old 12-12-2015, 02:57 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I think I'm glad I didn't get a NAV with my 2016! I'm buying a 2016 Edge for the wife & I'll use my old $100 add on NAV. I can't talk to it, but if it goes bad I'll toss it away! In the new Edge you have a whole extra system to set the emergency brake! Unnecessary..... unless you get payed to repair Fords!