Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Help with 2 puzzles! Duh!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:21 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Help with 2 puzzles! Duh!

I've been told I'm an idiot on other threads & that is likely true because I have two puzzles with my 2016 Mustang:

1. When I try to change the Dash Gauge colors I get the message that they can not be changed during daylight hours. The clock is set right, & I still get the message at 11:00 PM Any ideas???

2. How do you "Shut Sync 3 up" when I don't have my cell phone with me? The systems keeps say, "No Cell phone available" or something like that every 5 minutes or so. There must be a way to shut that off! I'd hate to drive cross country with out my cell phone! I'd have to take an ax to the stereo system to shut it up! How do I shut it up?

Thanx in advance for any help!

Signed, Mr. D...uh!
Old 06-17-2016, 06:50 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Mr. D
1. When I try to change the Dash Gauge colors I get the message that they can not be changed during daylight hours. The clock is set right, & I still get the message at 11:00 PM Any ideas???
Are your headlights on? You need to turn on the headlights in other model years in order to use the "my color" function.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:31 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Are your headlights on? You need to turn on the headlights in other model years in order to use the "my color" function.
No! How was I supposed to know that! I been sitting in the garage with the lights off! I'll have to try that!

Any ideas on how to shut up Sync 3 when I forget my iPhone? It keeps telling me it can find a phone to connect to every few minutes!

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-18-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:00 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Mr. D
No! How was I supposed to know that! I been sitting in the garage with the lights off! I'll have to try that!

Any ideas on how to shut up Sync 3 when I forget my iPhone? It keeps telling me it can find a phone to connect to every few minutes!
Can't help you with Sync 3, I'm not familiar enough with it. I've seen it demonstrated, but don't know the system. Perhaps the owners manual explains how to shut it off?
Old 06-18-2016, 08:00 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Step one: open glovebox

Step two: remove owners manual that explains how everything in the car works

Step three: read owners manual on how to operate systems in question.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:12 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

It won't turn the alert off, but if you turn the volume **** down while the system is talking, it's supposed lower the voice volume.
At least that way you won't have to listen to it till you figure it out.
Did you get the MyColor to work?
Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Step one: open glovebox

Step two: remove owners manual that explains how everything in the car works

Step three: read owners manual on how to operate systems in question.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
It won't turn the alert off, but if you turn the volume **** down while the system is talking, it's supposed lower the voice volume.
At least that way you won't have to listen to it till you figure it out.
Did you get the MyColor to work?
Good luck with the sale.

I did try to do that! I suspect there must be some way to stop that message other than uninstalling the phone. It's a pain when you go somewhere & leave your phone at home.

It's surprising how many things aren't covered by the manual!
I haven't tried the "My color" thing yet as it isn't a big priority... but I will!
Old 06-19-2016, 07:57 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Page 316 of the owners manual for the sync with phone issue. I guess it was too complicated of a procedure to understand

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 06-19-2016 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:51 AM
AngelDeath
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Page 316 of the owners manual for the sync with phone issue. I guess it was too complicated of a procedure to understand
But in his defense, you quote a page, but yet the page does not answer his question. If you can show me where it says how to stop sync 3 from telling him the phone isnt there, then I'll apologize for this reply, because I have 3 versions of the manual and it states nothing to his issue.

I for one cannot help you Mr. D as I do not have the answer since I own an Android, but I would suspect it would be the same with an android phone. I have gotten in my car without my phone for a short trip to the store a couple of miles away, and the only thing that happens is the screen will show on the home page that it attempts to connect my phone, but when it doesnt find it, it reverts to "Connect a Phone" but Sync 3 never says no cell phone available or repeats anything by voice.

Now unless this is a feature/annoyance with an Iphone then I wouldnt know where to begin, but as far as I know it should react the same as an Android. The only thing I could suggest if its an option for you is to try a master reset and try again after you pair your phone.

Quick Reply: Help with 2 puzzles! Duh!