Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Buying my first Mustang - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:15 PM
tlr3715

Default Buying my first Mustang - Questions

Hello everyone. I will most likely be buying a Mustang Ecoboost within the next 12 months once the negative equity on my current 370Z Nismo is paid down. This is the first time I am considering a Ford product as I usually switch between GM and Nissan products, but am really loving what Ford has done with the new Mustangs and understand the quality has improved quite a bit since I was in my youth.

I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any insight.

I am considering either ordering a 2018 in the Fall or looking for deals on leftover 2017 models at that time. When does Ford typically release next model year information and when can customers begin to order the next model year?

I typically always get the most upgraded handling package I can get, but would now need my next car to be driven year round including in light snow. It looks like the Ecoboost performance package only comes with summer tires so am considering not getting it. Would like to know how the car handles without the performance package in terms of cornering/swiftness and brake stopping power/fade compared to one equipped with the package.

I will also need to drive this car in the summer heat with long heavy traffic commutes. My current Nismo has cooling problems, so would also like to know if the Mustang Ecoboost without the larger radiator in the performance package has overheating issues.

Thank you in advance for any info!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:46 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

If it were me I'd go with used 2016 Ecoboost with factory warranty remaining.

Right now during winter is best time to buy a Mustang.

If you wait till spring/summer their gonna want top dollar.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

I haven't heard of any heating problems in the base Ecoboost Mustang. I certainly recommend getting one with the premium package (leather, Nav, Sync 3, heated/cooled seats, blind spot warning, backup camera + sensors, etc). IMO it might also be worth grabbing one that has the package with the front sensors, adaptive cruise control and auto-sensing wipers as well - it's something I regret not getting on my GT, as the occasional long drive with the adaptive control would be very nice