Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Nav system

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 12:53 AM
Ricardo Romero

Question Nav system

hello people new here. quick question don't know if this is the proper place to ask this. So I recently purchased a 2015 mustang GT with my ford touch sync 2, but the navigation system is disable. I called the number it has to activate it but the recording says it has been discontinued. I also check the website and says the same thing. So my question is if there another way to activate the navigation system? Some help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I don't think you can disable the navigation system. The satellite radio subscription may have run out and you would have to call them to establish a new account. If you car does have navigation, go to the Ford dealer and get it fixed, it is still under warranty most likely.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 AM
JimC

Do you have the actual navigation or are you talking about Sync with turn-by-turn? If Sync then you need to set up your own Sync account, and the initial period has probably run out and you need to purchase the Sync services subscription.

Navigation doesn't have anything to do with Sirius, other than the TravelLink services for traffic, weather, etc IF you have the navigation system that is on the screen with maps
Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Ricardo Romero

I have called to get the service of navigation (the screen with the maps) but ill I get is a recording saying the service has been discontinued. I have also checked the syncmyride website and its says it has been discontinued as well. So is there another way to get the service?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:10 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

You don't have the screen with the maps, if so your dealer could easily fix it. You are looking for what JimC alluded to which is the Ford Sync service with turn by turn directions like GMC's On Star system. You have to pay for that after the term expires. Your dealer should be able to help you.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Ricardo Romero

I do have a sync account, and the dealer told me to call the number that's on the manual. Which I did and the recording said service is no longer available. Does anyone else have this problem that can help me out.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:46 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

It is hard to believe that Ford would not support this system as recent as 2015 but that appears to be the case. I went on line to the Ford web site and that system only goes back to 2016 now. Apparently there wasn't much demand for the service with the proliferation of cell phones and all their associated apps. I would still sit down with the dealer and explain the situation and ask them why Ford won't support a system 2 years out. That is ridiculous. There has to be a better phone number. I understand the previous owner letting the contract go but a subsequent buyer ought to be able to renew it.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Ricardo Romero

Yeah it does suck that Ford does not support it no more. That's why I was asking if there is another way to get it. Or is it possible to update the software to sync 3?
Old 07-18-2017, 02:21 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Pretty sure that would be a no.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo Romero
Yeah it does suck that Ford does not support it no more. That's why I was asking if there is another way to get it. Or is it possible to update the software to sync 3?
Sync3 is completely different hardware, not just software, so unfortunately you cannot upgrade to it from MyFordTouch

To the OP - do you have the map SD card inserted?