Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Why do I have a fender mount antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:18 AM
ustabawannab

Default Why do I have a fender mount antenna?

I just purchased a new to me CPO 2016 Mustang GT/CS Vert. I love the car except for minor thing. The antenna hits the rear spoiler when I close the the trunk. I have to bend it out of the way. Luckily it's flexible. How dumb is that? I had a 2014 GT Vert that didn't have the problem. I figured, how could Ford be so dumb?

After doing a little research on a replacement, I discover Ford doesn't put fender mount antennas on the S550. What the F! The dealer installed tinted windows, a clear bra and other little extras on their demo. Could they have installed the antenna too? Why would they do that? I think a Shorty antenna will solve my problem I guess. Any other '15-17 vert owners have a rear fender mount antenna?
Old 07-17-2017, 08:50 AM
JimC

Some dealers like to make the car "unique" with add ons, or maybe there was a different sound system put in the car for awhile by the previous owner
Old 07-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I just purchased a new to me CPO 2016 Mustang GT/CS Vert. I love the car except for minor thing. The antenna hits the rear spoiler when I close the the trunk. I have to bend it out of the way. Luckily it's flexible. How dumb is that? I had a 2014 GT Vert that didn't have the problem. I figured, how could Ford be so dumb?

After doing a little research on a replacement, I discover Ford doesn't put fender mount antennas on the S550. What the F! The dealer installed tinted windows, a clear bra and other little extras on their demo. Could they have installed the antenna too? Why would they do that? I think a Shorty antenna will solve my problem I guess. Any other '15-17 vert owners have a rear fender mount antenna?
You are a vert, that's why. It's from the factory with the fender mount antenna. The reason is that coupes have the antenna mounted in the roof of the car. On a vert, there's no way to do that so, they move it to the fender.