Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Window Tint

Old 08-09-2017, 09:21 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Default Window Tint

getting my windows tinted next week and the installer uses American Standard Window films (ASWF) he quoted me $360 for all windows at 20% and 75% on windshield.
Getting mixed reviews on this brand.By any chance has anyone had windows tinted using this brand and or can compare costs using something different?
The film is a nano ceramic
Old 08-10-2017, 08:16 AM
1blkpny

I just had mine done a couple weeks ago. 20% all the way around and a 5% strip on the top of the windshield. I was 260.00 and I don't know exactly the brand but it was his best tint. Not sure if i'd tint the front windshield all the way tho. Gets pretty tough to see at night and might be a cop caller. Just my opinion tho.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:58 AM
shartlen

Getting my back three done next week....here in Canada $150... 1blkpny is correct I would be very careful with the windshield
Old 08-10-2017, 10:18 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info.I live in florida,the sun and heat are brutal.It's mainly for the heat and inside temps.Kind of why i was asking about the aswf film,trying to determine how well it holds up against the sun.i thought florida allowed light windshield tint but after re-reading it does say no lower than the as-1 line,bah guess i'll buy one of those ugly folding reflective shields,on the bright side the windshield alone was $120
Old 08-10-2017, 01:00 PM
1blkpny

yep smart move. good luck and happy trails
Old 08-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

My wife had her turbo beetle windshield tinted with the ceramic nano technology stuff. I wouldn't tint the windshield, If it's polarized, which it most likely is, you'll get a bit of a rainbow effect in your peripheral vision where the windshield curves. It's annoying and can be a distraction.

When she got a crack in her windshield, she opted to not get the tint reapplied for the replacement for that reason.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:24 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Originally Posted by wanakanabe
Thanks for the info.I live in florida,the sun and heat are brutal.It's mainly for the heat and inside temps.Kind of why i was asking about the aswf film,trying to determine how well it holds up against the sun.i thought florida allowed light windshield tint but after re-reading it does say no lower than the as-1 line,bah guess i'll buy one of those ugly folding reflective shields,on the bright side the windshield alone was $120
You already have a windshield that cuts out UV and some of the heat. Same type of thing as your house if you have low-E windows. Ford's branding of that feature is Solar Tint.

Search this Thread