Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Help me pick a color

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:36 PM
herewego350

Default Help me pick a color

I want a Mustang 2015-2017.

I do not want black because I want to contrast the spoiler and side mirrors when I paint them black. I do not want yellow, orange, race red or ruby red because I don't want to scream for attention and the cops will see those colors quicker.

That leaves Deep Impact Blue, Lighting Blue ( 2017 ), Guard, Magnetic, Silver, and White.

Appearance wise with any of these six colors I am going to paint the spoiler, side mirrors and roof a gloss black. I will also tint the windows. I also may or may not do a black grille and black wheels depending on how everything looks.

Between DIB, Lighting Blue, Guard, Magnetic, Silver and White, does anyone have any pros and cons of these colors? Or just your opinion which color will look better with the black accents I mentioned...
Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site.
Biggest contrast would be white, next silver, if that's what you're after..
Old 08-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Since you're painting the mirrors and spoiler black, go with either white w/black stripe or the blue.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:21 PM
herewego350

Thanks for the input.

The magnetic might be too dark for me even though I like it a lot. A personal thing, I eventually I want to move back to the beach and driving a dark color car on sunny days just doesn't feel as right to me. On the other hand, driving a dark colored car when it's cloudy dark seems right. Maybe that's why I should get silver or blue.

I've seen the white with black often and it looks really good too. At work this guy has a white Corvette with black accents and it looks so clean, almost too clean.

I'm now learning toward the silver and the blue(s). I think the silver with black combo looks awesome esp with tinted windows and I hear silver is easy to keep clean.

The blues look so special though. I've always like the blue with black combination. There is Grabber Blue, Deep Impact Blue and Lightning Blue. I am looking at pictures of each blue but have never seen them in person. As far as I can tell from light to dark it is Grabber Blue, then Lightning Blue, then DIB. Is that right? Has anyone seen all of these in person to where they like one more than the other?
Old 08-30-2017, 11:40 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by herewego350
Thanks for the input.

The magnetic might be too dark for me even though I like it a lot. A personal thing, I eventually I want to move back to the beach and driving a dark color car on sunny days just doesn't feel as right to me. On the other hand, driving a dark colored car when it's cloudy dark seems right. Maybe that's why I should get silver or blue.

I've seen the white with black often and it looks really good too. At work this guy has a white Corvette with black accents and it looks so clean, almost too clean.

I'm now learning toward the silver and the blue(s). I think the silver with black combo looks awesome esp with tinted windows and I hear silver is easy to keep clean.

The blues look so special though. I've always like the blue with black combination. There is Grabber Blue, Deep Impact Blue and Lightning Blue. I am looking at pictures of each blue but have never seen them in person. As far as I can tell from light to dark it is Grabber Blue, then Lightning Blue, then DIB. Is that right? Has anyone seen all of these in person to where they like one more than the other?
The magnetic actually looks better in bright light, the paint is "speckled" and bright light makes it pop more. However, it's as bad as having a black colored car; the magnetic color shows every last spec of dust, pollen and/or dirt. My current 2016 GT Premium is colored magnetic... never again... beautiful when clean, though! Too bad it's lucky to last 3 days.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 AM
pagey

Black contrast roof and spoiler
Attached Thumbnails Help me pick a color-img_1161.jpg  
Old 09-01-2017, 09:58 AM
herewego350

Thanks for the heads up on the magnetic. I want to clean my car but not over other day!

That Grabber Blue looks great. I do really like the blue and black contrast and combination.

Is that your GB? And if so, does it get you a lot of attention from the cops?

Extra police attention is a main reason that I don't want a bright color.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:44 PM
pagey

Originally Posted by herewego350
Thanks for the heads up on the magnetic. I want to clean my car but not over other day!

That Grabber Blue looks great. I do really like the blue and black contrast and combination.

Is that your GB? And if so, does it get you a lot of attention from the cops?

Extra police attention is a main reason that I don't want a bright color.
Yea that's my GB. I've had no issues with the Police Get lots of great comments from everyonr that sees it though. I think the black roof is what makes it
Old 09-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

My 3 previous Mustangs were all race red (or whatever name they called the bright red at the time) and I never noticed any extra police attention from it, and one of them was a convertible with a magnaflow exhaust.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:18 PM
herewego350

Yeah, I like a black roof on any color. Painting the top, side mirrors and spoiler black will be the first thing I will do. I'm glad the colors don't get more attention.

I'm posting some pics of what I'm kind of going for in silver, lightning and grabber blue. The silver doesn't have the black spoiler and the front one of the lightning blue doesn't have a black top but yeah.

I think the silver looks perfect but not very special. The grabber blue is my favorite color but I'm not sure if it will be too bright for me. The lightning blue might be a good middle ground for me. It's a special color but not too in your face.
Attached Thumbnails Help me pick a color-screen-shot-2017-08-29-at-9.47.09-pm-copy.png   Help me pick a color-screen-shot-2017-09-02-at-12.00.16-pm.png   Help me pick a color-screen-shot-2017-08-17-at-1.57.07-am.png   Help me pick a color-screen-shot-2017-09-01-at-12.24.19-pm-copy.png   Help me pick a color-screen-shot-2017-09-01-at-12.23.59-pm-copy.png