Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

After 5 years I'm back in the saddle

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:18 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Default After 5 years I'm back in the saddle

Hey everyone. Long time member coming out of a long hibernation. Five years ago I traded in my 2005 Legend Lime V6 Mustang for a more 'practical' vehicle. Four doors, 4 cylinder, bland paint job, etc. Within the five years I had that car I drove more than 100k miles, moved twice and got a dog. I was going to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace that car, however after renting one for a 3000 mile road trip I just wasn't happy with the fit and finish of that vehicle.

So being the single 28 year old male that I am, I started entertaining the idea of a Mustang. That's when I found out Ford was running a 0% financing offer on 2017s, and with the 2018's coming I wondered if I might be able to snag a good deal on one. Six months ago I saw the Lightning Blue in person and instantly fell in love, so that color became the focus of my search.

After going to a few dealerships and kicking some tires, I found a listing for a Lightning Blue GT Premium with the black accent package. To be honest I wasn't a fan of the black accents based on the pictures online, but decided to go check out the car anyway as it was 10 miles from my house. When I pulled into the lot, I found the car and instantly knew I had to have it. The black accents we very sharp in person and contrasted perfectly with the metallic blue. Considering it was a Sunday afternoon and the dealership was a ghost town, negotiations went quickly and smoothly, and I took the keys 2 hours later. I'm very happy with the decision, and I'm glad to be back in the Mustang circle again.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

No pics or it didn't happen!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:52 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Sorry! Was having some photobucket issues. Here she is