Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Finally drove 2015 Automatic w/ Ford Racing Handling Package, very nice.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:54 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Cool Finally drove 2015 Automatic w/ Ford Racing Handling Package, very nice.

Man I wish ford would offer the 2015 / 2016 GT automatic with the performance package. I got to drive a 2015 GT automatic with the said Ford Racing handling package, better pads on the four caliper which I think are Brembos and BF Goodrich Comp Sport 2 tires. Wheels I believe are the 19 inch stock wheels, not sure how wide they are, maybe 8.5 all around? Anyways, this car handles very good, yes little firmer than stock but not harsh as far as I can tell. They had it a a Toyota dealer out of all places, 2000 miles on it. Apparently somebody needed to get a mini van I guess, lol. As far as I can tell the automatic is pretty darn good. Car I believe is not premium, just regular material, non leather, non Recaro seats. I have tried the Recaros and they are not comfortable at all. Stock seats are pretty good. They were asking under 30 gs for the car. Seems like a good deal. I wonder if this car can handle hpde, 1-3x a year. I know two people that are telling me the Corvette of course is better handling, purpose built sports car but some are having issues overheating at the track. To be honest, the C7 is my dream car but geez, this darn GT is getting pretty tempting. Yes no manual unfortunatley due to left, back neck issues. I hope that the eight speed Camaro coming out is not much better. Is eight speed automatic really superior to the six speed GT auto? Ger.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:07 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Cool Window Sticker says, Engine: Country of Origin, USA, Automatic Tranny: Same, Cool.

I went to a local Ford dealership and was looking at the various 2015 and 2016 Ford GTs, particularly the automatics. On window stickers it says that the GT engine and automatic transmission / Country of Origin: USA. That is awesome. But wait, I thought the 5.0 / Coyote engine is made in Canada. Maybe what they really mean is that most if not all of the parts of the engine and auto trans are are made in the USA, at least for the engine this is true but "assembled in Canada". Confused. I would be happier if engine and tranny are made in the USA. What do you guys think, have you noticed this on the window sticker? What does it really mean? Ger.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:38 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Everyone that owns an automatic wishes Ford offered the PP on the automatic.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

I think with all the horsepower and torque of the GT an 8 speed vs. 6 speed won't make much difference.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:13 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

I have a GT w/ both the Premium and Performance Package. I've also added the Ford Racing Handling package along with Steeda subframe braces. I have no issue staying in contact with the street driven Vette's at the track.

For the money I don't think you'll be dissatisfied with that Mustang. Keep in mind that the new Camaro is going to cost more and isn't really much better in any way. In fact their tech is ancient. If you want to blow the money then take a look at the GT350. I'm trying to come up with a scheme to *add* one to my garage b/c I don't want to get rid of my GT b/c I like it too much.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:24 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Default I like the idea of a scheme

After seeing and reading the stats on the new Z06, everything else seems fairly pointless, I hate to say.Erik
Old 09-29-2015, 09:07 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

It's the Indian not the arrow. Be like every other gold chain wearing golfer and buy the Vette.

In the morning I have coffee and a place near my house (not Starbucks). Owner of a z06 strikes up a conversation with me telling me how fast it is. My response: I have guest passes to my track. Come on out Sunday and we can compare our laps time. He demonstrated that not only is the Z06 a fast car but its owner can beck peddle really fast too. He declined my offer.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:18 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

So I just looked up the stats on the Z06 too. So the !@#%!#%@# what. It's $80K and it's not really $40K better. It's the same 'high' quality GM crap with the same service.

At least blowing $80K on a Lexus, BMW, or Merc comes with the extra bit of service when you eventually have to take your broken **** in for service.

I'm not saying this b/c the Mustang is perfect but for the price difference I really don't see the excitement of a Z06. If I'm already at $80K I have to wonder why I don't just keep on going and get something special like a Nissan Skyline.