Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:15 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Default 2015 Roush Stage 3

I am considering picking up a 15 Stage 3 coupe, auto with every option and wanted some feedback from anyone that owns or has driven one. What are your likes and dislikes etc? How is the power (I read the Roush tune is conservative)? I assume the handling is insane, but is the 3 way adjustable suspension cockpit adjustable or manual adjustment?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:34 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't worry about the tune! I'm going for the 670 H.P setup on the 2016 GT I've got ordered! I loved my 4.6L with the supercharger at 460 H.P....., & I suspect 670 is more! Be careful, especially when it rains! With 460 HP getting crooked at 70 MPH on wet highway got my attention! I thought that going 70 MPH would keep me straight if I pushed it a little more! WRONG! So you can imagine what 670 HP will be like! Hammer with care!

If you don't mind saying what kind of money will the 2015 Stage 3 Roush cost?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:37 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I wouldn't worry about the tune! I'm going for the 670 H.P setup on the 2016 GT I've got ordered! I loved my 4.6L with the supercharger at 460 H.P....., & I suspect 670 is more! Be careful, especially when it rains! With 460 HP getting crooked at 70 MPH on wet highway got my attention! I thought that going 70 MPH would keep me straight if I pushed it a little more! WRONG! So you can imagine what 670 HP will be like! Hammer with care!

If you don't mind saying what kind of money will the 2015 Stage 3 Roush cost?
I had a 10 and 13 Shelby GT500 so I'm comfortable with high HP. Right now I have the dealer at 12k below MSRP.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by inyadreems
I had a 10 and 13 Shelby GT500 so I'm comfortable with high HP. Right now I have the dealer at 12k below MSRP.
........ but what's the bottomline? They are sure expensive! You can get the same H.P. for under $50K in a 2016 GT Premium, but of course it wouldn't be a Shelby or Roush. For the difference in price I can live with that. I guess a lot depends on whether you like the mods of a Roush that much more than a Mustang GT Premium. If I have to keep & drive the car I'd prefer just a GT premium with 670 H.P. & a lot of saved money for gas & other toys. Get what makes you happy!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:52 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

........ but what's the bottomline? They are sure expensive! You can get the same H.P. for under $50K in a 2016 GT Premium, but of course it wouldn't be a Shelby or Roush. For the difference in price I can live with that. I guess a lot depends on whether you like the mods of a Roush that much more than a Mustang GT Premium. If I have to keep & drive the car I'd prefer just a GT premium with 670 H.P. & a lot of saved money for gas & other toys. Get what makes you happy!
I can get it for 60k with every single Roush option, plus GT premium, NAV, 3.55, reverse sensors and automatic. The MSRP on the GT is 40k so all the Roush mods would be costing me 20k. I figure for me to get a loaded GT and add all those Roush options it would cost me 20k with parts and labor.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:41 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I can get it for 60k with every single Roush option, plus GT premium, NAV, 3.55, reverse sensors and automatic. The MSRP on the GT is 40k so all the Roush mods would be costing me 20k. I figure for me to get a loaded GT and add all those Roush options it would cost me 20k with parts and labor.
If that's what you like the price seems some what reasonable based on what I've seen on Roush Ads. I bet the original owner got a "haircut" on this car. You might even do better with some hard negotiations, because not many can afford a car like that with $60K cash in hand, & I bet financing would not be easy. I might be wrong, but when I was selling my '08 Roush Supercharged GT for $25k, a guy came over with a '09 Roush with supercharger & body modifications that he bought it for $24K because a Ford lot had trouble selling it. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:02 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

If that's what you like the price seems some what reasonable based on what I've seen on Roush Ads. I bet the original owner got a "haircut" on this car. You might even do better with some hard negotiations, because not many can afford a car like that with $60K cash in hand, & I bet financing would not be easy. I might be wrong, but when I was selling my '08 Roush Supercharged GT for $25k, a guy came over with a '09 Roush with supercharger & body modifications that he bought it for $24K because a Ford lot had trouble selling it. Good luck!
The car is brand new with 16 miles on it. I have a feeling someone special ordered this Roush with all the options, then backed out and now it's just sitting on the dealer lot as a left over 15. They offered me 1.9% for 60 months, I'm not putting the full 60k down. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:05 PM
spectreman
2nd Gear Member

I was at a dealer today, looking over a GT500. An RS was parked behind it so I asked the sales guy to start it up. Lordy, that thing was NASCAR loud, no shiite. How could anyone drive it for extended periods of time?
Old 10-30-2015, 09:22 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by spectreman
I was at a dealer today, looking over a GT500. An RS was parked behind it so I asked the sales guy to start it up. Lordy, that thing was NASCAR loud, no shiite. How could anyone drive it for extended periods of time?
The one I am looking at has the active exhaust option which allows you to adjust the exhaust note from quiet to super loud. You can also use an iPhone app from Roush to custom tune the exhaust.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:01 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

The car is brand new with 16 miles on it. I have a feeling someone special ordered this Roush with all the options, then backed out and now it's just sitting on the dealer lot as a left over 15. They offered me 1.9% for 60 months, I'm not putting the full 60k down. Thanks for the advice.
Kool! Sounds even better as brand new & I assume with a Ford warranty! Not to criticize in any way, but I prefer stock Mustang styling to Roush, "BUT" if I liked Roush body mods, I might offer them $55K (or whatever) & then walk out, & wait & to see if they called me for a day or so! I tell them my wife won't let me spend a dime more & I'm whipped! You'll never know until you leave the lot as they bluff too! For $5K, I don't mind crawling back later! LOL!

I'm going to pay about $47 for a 2016 GT with a Roush Supercharger & that is a customer order! That's a great deal most might not get, so $55 to $60 sounds pretty good for that car!

It's a gamble so, DON"T take it as my advice to you... because if someone else buys it.... you'll make a Voodoo Doll of me to stick pins in.... & I've got enough ailments & enemies on this forum! Good luck!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-31-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Roush Stage 3