Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Roush Supercharger Problems (CEL on)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM
BillgatesMuscle

Unhappy Roush Supercharger Problems (CEL on)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so I hope I am posting to the right section of this forum.
Anyways, I just installed a Roush Phase 2 Supercharger kit on my 2015 GT. The kit is great and everything started up and works just fine. However, I am getting a CEL that will not go away. It is P0315 and it has to do with the crankshaft position sensor. I am not sure what to do here and I am not comfortable driving the car with the CEL on at all. Any ideas? I sent my PCM to Roush to have it tuned and judging by the fact that the car runs great I don't think the problem is because of their tune. Does the load from the supercharger change the crank dynamics enough to need a relearn? I'm going to call Roush and Ford in the morning but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:16 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I have heard of people needing to do the crank position sensor relearning process after changing tunes and nodding their coyote cars. I don't have personal experience with the problem, but I you should Google "mustang crank relearn procedure" and see of that looks like the issue you're having.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:44 AM
BillgatesMuscle

Thanks for your reply. I was looking on google but a lot of people said just rev it up and it'll clear but that didn't work for me. I called Roush and they said it was normal after flashing the PCM. I made an apportionment with my local Ford dealer to get it figured out. The guy on the phone said it should be $40. I'll let you know when I get it back.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Scamrad

Default Twin disc clutch install

Hey guys I have a 17 Roush stage 3 and my clutches starting to go. Went to my Ford dealer and told them I want to put in a twin disc clutch and was told that misfire sensors would pop up and they weren't sure how to fix them. My mechanic said this was a year ago when he had these problems and that Roush might have had a solution by now. I called Roush and was told that if you do what's called a relearn misfire profiles and that could be the same thing as a crank relearn I'm not sure, but they told me that they reached out to a few speed shops and at those shops were able to figure out that if you cleared the sensors like 4 or 5 times in a row eventually they go away and don't come back. I was told by Roush to get in touch with some speed shops that have had to deal with this and confirm that this works. Anybody else with a Roush supercharger I have these problems after switching to a twin disc clutch? And if so did they try what I mentioned? Thanks guys your input is invaluable
Old 03-25-2024, 09:41 PM
ToddOman

Resolve P0315 with the Roush RDT: During the EOL procedure, choose the “Learn Misfire Profile” which requires at least one rev of the engine to ~4500 RPM.