MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   S550 2015-2023 Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s550-2015-2023-mustang-166/)
-   -   Evap system sucking splashing oil out of valve covers, when driving on road courses. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s550-2015-2023-mustang/735849-evap-system-sucking-splashing-oil-out-of-valve-covers-when-driving-on-road-courses.html)

Lance Purdy 10-11-2018 08:35 PM

Evap system sucking splashing oil out of valve covers, when driving on road courses.

Ok, this question goes to to Spec mustang folks as well.

Ok, I have a highly modified 2105 gt. It pulls 1.3 plus gs and I'm turning the engine near 8,000 rpm.

When I trail brake hard into turns, oil literally splashes out of the valve covers into my evap system where the vacuum is happy to suck it in. I have catch cans but they fill up quickly. Later when I take another hard turn, oil then pours out of the catch cans into the manifold. Huge puff of smoke and sometimes it even codes the car and puts it into limp mode.

I have checked everything to ensure I have no blow by issues. When driving on a straight road, making hard pulls, almost no oils goes into the catch cans. I can drive for several hundred miles, again, almost zero oil in the catch cans. The problem only happens under repeated high speed, high g corners.

Has anybody else seen this? Anybody have good solution.

Lance Purdy

08'MustangDude 10-12-2018 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lance Purdy (Post 8636863)
Ok, this question goes to to Spec mustang folks as well.

Ok, I have a highly modified 2105 gt. It pulls 1.3 plus gs and I'm turning the engine near 8,000 rpm.

Well, seeing as you somehow got a 2105, I would take that back to the future, and let
them know how horrible it is.

SO, you're driving like a maniac, and blame the car? Okay...

If any oil is getting out of the valve covers, you got serious problems, fix it.

There is an EVAP Vent in the engine compartment, that can't be sucking in
oil. It would also ruin your evap canister. It's all sealed, so anything from the
outside cannot be getting in. If it is, then something is not sealed.

If your oil catches are filling up, then yeah, oil can get out, but I think you need
better catch cans. That has NEVER happened to me, EVER...

You got that much blow by, time for a new motor.

Lance Purdy 10-12-2018 11:58 AM

I'm not driving like a maniac on streets. I road course my car. And crush vettes left and right. But I did have to highly modify the car to do it.

It's not inordinate blow by. I just had my mechanic fully check the engine to be sure. The stock evap system just is not designed for the engine to consistently be running between 5,000 and 8,000 rpm and it also is not expecting such consistent high g turns.

Oil is splashing and getting sucked into the evap system. I'm getting all kinds of feedback from different high performance sources. Taller valve covers with different baffles, catch cans that drain back into the the crank case. Even the extreme, like in nascar, where they run a separate vacuum pump.

No this should NEVER happen to the even a spirited street driver, or even a 1/4 miler, but I am using the car in an extreme way. I just need to find the correct high performance mods.

Lance

Chas. 05-22-2019 05:07 PM

Maybe a dry sump system would fix it.