The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

425hp 02GT vs modded EVO8

Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

wtf

He could launch hard enough to eat up those 6 cars very very quickly....you better have some very sticky tires to work with.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:56 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by lilc1511
my friends have an evo engine making over 1000hp in a rx-7, there is no limit...
He has to have forged evvvveeeeeeerything...I bet he has forged fuel injectors!

Wasn't there a Evo 9 on Pass Time that pierced his engine block at like 25 PSI?
Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
He has to have forged evvvveeeeeeerything...I bet he has forged fuel injectors!

Wasn't there a Evo 9 on Pass Time that pierced his engine block at like 25 PSI?
actually it funny you say that, last year they blew an injector oring out...

they are running over 40psi of boost on a MASSIVE turbo. it all depends on tuning.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:54 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

A bit off subject but lilc1511 where in MN are you located?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:36 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

oakdale, yourself?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

everyone says its all in the tune for any F/I car until they blow something/break something

even 700awhp in an evo apparently takes a 40k investment on top of the price of the car..even doing most of the work yourself.. you can find all sorts of vids of cars on dynos making 900+whp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-JVcm1vdGA

that being said.. find out how much he really spent on his car and compare it to yours.. if somehow he honestly spent less than 10,000 more for his car id be shocked. and then you can say.. something along the lines of its just a game of who wants to spend the most money..

hehe its like these 4 mods on a forum i saw for a new STI.. got him to 400awhp.. ofcourse the turbo was like 4,000 and other stuff probably cost him nearly 8,000 total.. plus an sti is 35,000 to begin with.. 43k total? i saw a slightly used gt500 for 35k (better yet.. many people are getting new GTs for 23k, throw on a vortech for 400rwhp for 3,700) hehe :P

i wont get into used cars.. that gets into a whole new ball game of taking a fox body and yadda yadda.. mustang still needs some suspension to keep up in the turns anyway.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-01-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
everyone says its all in the tune for any F/I car until they blow something/break something

even 700awhp in an evo apparently takes a 40k investment on top of the price of the car..even doing most of the work yourself.. you can find all sorts of vids of cars on dynos making 900+whp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-JVcm1vdGA

that being said.. find out how much he really spent on his car and compare it to yours.. if somehow he honestly spent less than 10,000 more for his car id be shocked. and then you can say.. something along the lines of its just a game of who wants to spend the most money..

hehe its like these 4 mods on a forum i saw for a new STI.. got him to 400awhp.. ofcourse the turbo was like 4,000 and other stuff probably cost him nearly 8,000 total.. plus an sti is 35,000 to begin with.. 43k total? i saw a slightly used gt500 for 35k (better yet.. many people are getting new GTs for 23k, throw on a vortech for 400rwhp for 3,700) hehe :P

i wont get into used cars.. that gets into a whole new ball game of taking a fox body and yadda yadda.. mustang still needs some suspension to keep up in the turns anyway.

dude that is the gayest argument... that's just the argument people make when they run out of excuses and have lost the race... i dont care how much he has spent... i know he bought it for 18 or 19 so he has me beat already right there... but we are friends and im NOT looking for excuses. i never make excuses win or lose. compliment their car and move on.

and yea... it is all in the tune... but you need a tuner who knows how to do it without blowing up your car.... part of getting a good tune is having someone who knows how to do it... do it.

the money thing is not something to get into with 4g63 owners either, my friend has an 800hp+ 92 talon that he built for 13k including the car. and yea thats less than i spent on my car.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

and its also simply impressive that they are making that much power on 4 LESS cylinders.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

You said that he was your buddy and he was giving you crap about not being able to keep up.. I figured you could shoot back with racing is just about $$$$. if he is some stranger then sure, just compliment him and move on.. be the better person type of deal since otherwise you just look like a jealous *****.

I really don't care how many cylinders they have Evos are okay looking cars but they sound like angry bees driving away. mustang, camaro, challenger outclass them in looks and sound and can compete effectively with them on various race tracks $/performance-wise...

If you want to leg hump on a 4cyl you can.. just not my cup of tea.. it's like being impressed with what we can do with f/i 4.6L compared to a camaro 6.2L n/a... apples and oranges. there is no replacement for displacement. even with F/I.. you throw f/i on a bigger displacement engine and you have more hp (you'll need to have the parts built to handle the more power is all)

for an 800+hp talon what is his time in the 1/4 and how well does it handle turns at high speed? I really don't care if something is putting out a ton of power if you can't use it well..

Last edited by Mishri; 04-02-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
You said that he was your buddy and he was giving you crap about not being able to keep up.. I figured you could shoot back with racing is just about $$$$. if he is some stranger then sure, just compliment him and move on.. be the better person type of deal since otherwise you just look like a jealous *****.

I really don't care how many cylinders they have Evos are okay looking cars but they sound like angry bees driving away. mustang, camaro, challenger outclass them in looks and sound and can compete effectively with them on various race tracks $/performance-wise...

If you want to leg hump on a 4cyl you can.. just not my cup of tea.. it's like being impressed with what we can do with f/i 4.6L compared to a camaro 6.2L n/a... apples and oranges. there is no replacement for displacement. even with F/I.. you throw f/i on a bigger displacement engine and you have more hp (you'll need to have the parts built to handle the more power is all)
lol, lug hump...

anyway, my point is you dont see alot of 1400hp+ mustangs out there which is what they would have to meet if your going by your theory....

it IS impressive because of that reason... a 2.0-2.4 liter making 700-1000 hp means we would have to make 1400-2000hp to have the same power per cylinder... im just saying its ****in cool! its rare to see a 4.6 or 5.4 that is making more than 1100hp... thats all im sayin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 425hp 02GT vs modded EVO8