The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Looking to trade the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
03-04 C5 Z06

405hp LS1 - FTW
The C5 Z06 had the LS6, not an LS1.

If you're trading in for an older car, I wouldn't accept anything other than a C5 Vette, E46 M3, or LS2 GTO. Well... as far as newer cars go that would actually be realistic.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:55 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Yonco
If i could, id trade my GT straight up for a 05/06 GTO. I still just want a LS#. Theres nothing wrong with GM's all of mine have been good to me. -Jon
Why? I wouldn't drive a new gto if it was given to me.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by slowstang06
bah! im so confused as to what to do now... the whole idea behind it was that i would trade it and hopefully get a difference to lower my payoff on my car.. so i wont have to make payments through college or at least not as high

You are going to get hosed on any deal for a used car. If you can't afford the car, then sell it out right. Hopefully you don't owe more than it's worth.

If you just want a lower payment, then refinance it with your credit union or bank. You'll still get hosed in the end, but at least you did it to yourself and you will have a lower payment. What's your interest rate?

Last edited by moosestang; 05-22-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:14 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
You are going to get hosed on any deal for a used car. If you can't afford the car, then sell it out right. Hopefully you don't owe more than it's worth.

If you just want a lower payment, then refinance it with your credit union or bank. You'll still get hosed in the end, but at least you did it to yourself and you will have a lower payment. What's your interest rate?
haha im 18 my mother signed for it when i got it but its going in my name now, refinancing would probably only hurt me...

im not sure about interest maybe 9 something?

I think my payoff is $14k but ill be probably gettin it to like $9k by the end of next month
Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Also remember that if you grab a new car you will have to pay tax ontop of that, at 20k a car thats 1600$ that you coud have pocketed or used to pay off your current car. And moosetang, i cant drive my current 5speed(knee injury- 3 week recovery left) so an auto GTO woud be a dream to drive. To me the GM's have felt pretty solid. I sold my first Wbody GM, missed it so now i bought another just for a DD cause therye damn good cars IMO. -Jon
Old 05-24-2009, 10:14 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by mustangtestuser
My advice is to stay away from the F-bodies. Just buy a used C5 Corvette instead. A 1999 or 2000 C5 should be relatively inexpensive. The first mod on a C5 is to remove the runflats and replace them with any performance tire, you'll drop about 18 lbs of unsprung weight...pretty impressive gain.

If you're shopping C5's, then keep in mind that the '01, 6 speed models will have oil consumption issues on occasion, make sure the harmonic balancer isn't wobbling (that applies to ANY LS-1), and check the rear end for leaks. They added a few ponies in '01, so try to get a '01 - '04 if you can.

04 Camaro FTW
Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

..Reread that post, detective...
Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by slowstang06
haha im 18 my mother signed for it when i got it but its going in my name now, refinancing would probably only hurt me...

im not sure about interest maybe 9 something?

I think my payoff is $14k but ill be probably gettin it to like $9k by the end of next month
You probably won't get too much lower of a payment after you pay this car off, a decent LS1 is right around 9-10k, and you probably won't get over 15k for your car. Personally, I would love to have a WS6, but considering your car is anywhere from 4-8 years newer, it would be a lot more reliable for you during college, unless you wanted a pretty low mileage one, which would probably be close to the trade-in value of your GT.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:19 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
..Reread that post, detective...
Oh, now I see! Isn't this guys purpose to LOWER his payment on his car?
Old 05-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Don't trade for a lower payment. You have all ready sunk all that money into the car, why waste it to save probably 50 bucks a month in payments. You are all ready asking what mods to make the f body faster, it's gonna end up costing you more money anyway. I really think it is a bad decision if you are trying to save money, because you won't. If it were just because you want an f body that badly than do what you want.

Quick Reply: Looking to trade the Stang