The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

The Official DA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

What was your 60' on that 13.5 pass, Mishri?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
You need to stall that beyotch and launch it like it deserves. Drop it down to a 1.79, man. Last question.... Is there a big gap between 2nd and 3rd gear in that auto trans?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:02 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Wow, I certainly missed a lot lol....or just a lot of nothing. That's all I'll say. Crash out
Old 03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Its just part II of the last several pages of Bolton's original thread, if that makes sense.... if you like DA discussions, then you'll love it, lol.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
keep it up tough guy

I'd be willing to bet if Mishri, bolton and asstarts all had a month away from this section that retarded threads such as this and completely useless debates such as DA won't get made and this section would once again have some substance

would you gents like to test this theory? then I suggest you follow the initial instructions of this post

also...

STOP WITH ALL THIS DA HANDICAP BULLF*CKING SH*T! YOU GUYS ARE F*CKING IDIOTS!! RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND STOP PUSSYFOOTING AROUND WITH ALL THESE EXCUSES, EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT IT AND IT'S TIME YOU STOPPED CLUSTERF*CKING THIS SECTION WITH YOUR NONSENSE
Dude, I told you in the other thread I didn't want to discuss this topic anymore. YOU are the one who said you wanted to continue this conversation. And now you're gonna threaten to ban me because I followed through on what you said? Come on now, grow up.

And if you REALLY want go with the whole "run what you brung" thing... then SAE corrections should be thrown out the windows entirely too. Mishri probably actually dyno'd at like 235 uncorrected. So we should just say those are his REAL numbers.

You're the only one getting all riled up about this dude. You resort to anger and name calling instead of intellectual debate. We're all grown ups here, so let's act like it and not throw around threats and name calling.

On top of that STK even told us if we wanted to continue talking about DA to take it to the Racer's bench... so here we are. :-|
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

PS: For reference jackass intentions is the critter on the right.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acarzt
Dude, I told you in the other thread I didn't want to discuss this topic anymore. YOU are the one who said you wanted to continue this conversation. And now you're gonna threaten to ban me because I followed through on what you said? Come on now, grow up.

And if you REALLY want go with the whole "run what you brung" thing... then SAE corrections should be thrown out the windows entirely too. Mishri probably actually dyno'd at like 235 uncorrected. So we should just say those are his REAL numbers.

You're the only one getting all riled up about this dude. You resort to anger and name calling instead of intellectual debate. We're all grown ups here, so let's act like it and not throw around threats and name calling.

On top of that STK even told us if we wanted to continue talking about DA to take it to the Racer's bench... so here we are. :-|

Well, there is a reason for STD and SAE. My STD uncorrected dyno was 470 and 495, and my Corrected, SAE is 462 and 486. So, you in fact dyno more uncorrected. The correction accounts for temps, DA, elevation, etc

Personally, I think 7% is a bit high when using that to correct dyno numbers. If I did that, and subtracted that from my uncorrected STD numbers, I'd be around 440 RWHP, and 460 RWTQ. So, it's not 100% accurate, and if you have been to a dyno shop, they have readings out the *** that correct for those things you mentioned. 9/10 a dyno shop will give you the SAE numbers only, and someone will give you both the uncorrected (which doesn't account for DA, Elevation, temps. etc) and the corrected ( which accounts for things like DA, elevation, temps. etc)

Anyhow, let's try and keep it civil, no more name calling, etc.

Riptide- is your sister hot?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

haha I don't look at my sister like that mayng.

Mishri thought she was pretty hot. But then he gets pretty hot and bothered when they show chimps on animal planet.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
Well, there is a reason for STD and SAE. My STD uncorrected dyno was 470 and 495, and my Corrected, SAE is 462 and 486. So, you in fact dyno more uncorrected. The correction accounts for temps, DA, elevation, etc

Personally, I think 7% is a bit high when using that to correct dyno numbers. If I did that, and subtracted that from my uncorrected STD numbers, I'd be around 440 RWHP, and 460 RWTQ. So, it's not 100% accurate, and if you have been to a dyno shop, they have readings out the *** that correct for those things you mentioned. 9/10 a dyno shop will give you the SAE numbers only, and someone will give you both the uncorrected (which doesn't account for DA, Elevation, temps. etc) and the corrected ( which accounts for things like DA, elevation, temps. etc)

Anyhow, let's try and keep it civil, no more name calling, etc.

Riptide- is your sister hot?
I agree with everything you've just said. And it's the point i've been trying to make this whole time. Some corrected numbers will be lower than uncorrected, some will be higher. Depends on the conditions and none of them are ever 100% accurate.

Your uncorrected times are what you actually made in those conditions. And I think that should also be considered(if available) when comparing 2 cars 1/4 mile times. Yea they might have the same SAE corrected HP. But uncorrected one might have a distinct advantage. In a way, SAE correction is just like DA correction for 1/4 mile times. In your example grabber... You made 470whp... that's what you "brung" SAE corrects it back to DA of 0 and says you would be less. If you dyno at a HIGH da, you might see 440 but still be SAE corrected back to 462 (assuming the dyno's were 100% accurate and the corrections were 100% accurate) but the 440 is your "real" number. And that 30hp is a pretty big difference.

Quick Reply: The Official DA Thread