The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

The Official DA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:35 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Default The Official DA Thread

I'd like to dedicate this thread to Morbid :-)

Apparantly the discussion of DA did not end in the last epic thread sooooo here is a new thread to continue on....

Discuss....
Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

now that the thread is made you have no right to be here because you have shown your absolute idiocy with the subject and would just clutter up the discussion with crap that doesn't makes sense

unless of course you want to answer my question like a big boy...

as quoted from you...
Why not? He has all the same mods as Stone plus CMDPs and DRs. Stone is running bottom 13s, so why can't mishri at least match that or cut a high 12 with some extra traction?

And don't try to say it's cuz stone makes more power. With better air mishri's motor will make more power too. And you can't tell me it's all in the tune either.
If he dyno'd the same day Stone did and on the same dyno he would dyno higher. Because the corrections don't properly account for everything.

and this was my answer

it's official... you are an idiot

stone makes 20 more RWHP than Mishri... and it has NOTHING to do with DA the day they got dyno'd or any of your ignorant BS you want to dribble... it has everything to do with stone bening a manual and Mishri being an auto

but I wouldn't expect you to realize this little factor between the two cars... I would expect you to be fascinated by the phenomenon and assume that Mishri makes less power with the same mods because of the magical DA difference (this must be the answer to everything I guess lol)
I'm still waiting in this bombshelled silence.... you want to continue this DA crap on how he should read higher and be around what stones car makes or do you want to throw in the towel on this mass of BS bench racing DA garbage and confess the very simple fact manuals put down more power than automatics?

it's up to you, I'll wait
to which you never responded... because in fact, you were wrong... so you beat around the bush and continued to play dumb

now that that's taken care of go play in another section if you want to play off like you know about things when you barely have a clue
Old 03-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

What was the arguement?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by Intervention
What was the arguement?
that two similarly modded S197's read different dyno numbers... he said it was because of the altitude and DA where both cars were dyno'd

in which everyone with a clue knows this isn't the case with the way dyno's operate #1

#2 is, he failed to realize he was comparing two similarly modded S197 GT's and completely overlooked the fact that one was a manual and the other was an auto... completely spelling out the reason why the auto GT dyno's lower

it was basically just a big clusterf*ck of excuses and grasping at straws on his and another members part
Old 03-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Well each dyno does read slightly different.

I put 309.7 down on my primary dyno, but visited another dynojet and made 319.9 so who knows?

But yeah, the autos will almost always put less to the tire
Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

"If he dyno'd the same day Stone did and on the same dyno he would dyno higher. Because the corrections don't properly account for everything. "

I wasn't referring to him dynoing HIGHER than stone. I was referring to him Dynoing higher than he did from his first dyno. Sorry I worded in a way that implied that, but it wasn't what I meant. I do still stand by the fact that Mishri would dyno higher than his original dyno because he dyno'd outside of the original intentions of the SAE standard.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:05 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

You're just not understanding the point i'm trying to explain to you... So I made you a little graph to represent what i'm trying to say but you're not understanding...

Now in case the graph is confusing for you... It basically says that only a correction factor of 0 is 100% accurate. The further you deviate from 0, the less accurate the calculations will become. This is why only a correction factor of up to PLUS or MINUS 7% is permitted to be acceptable within SAE's standards. OUTSIDE OF THIS, is considered too inaccurate.

And the reason Mishri WOULD make more power down(more than his original dyno, not more than stone) at lower Altitude, even on a similar SAE corrected Dyno.... is because it will be more accurate at the lower altitude and will be able to compensate better for the differnce's in the atmosphere. At such a high altitude and temp that mishri dyno'd in, the correction factor is too high to be accurate or acceptable.

*had to edit it so people don't misunderstand what i'm comparing... Like has previously happened.
Attached Thumbnails The Official DA Thread-sae-correction.jpg  

Last edited by acarzt; 03-06-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:09 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Old 03-06-2010, 05:14 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

LOL! That picture is awesome lol

And I only made this thread because in an other thread morbid said he wanted to continue the discussion lol
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Dyno numbers mean pretty close to dick.
My car put down 296 rwhp the one and only time I've had it on the rollers and ran 12.7 @ 109 that same month, 2.73 gears and a stock converter. This is with a lid, longtube headers, catless Y-pipe, and a cutout (makes you wonder what it would have put down if it was bone stock, 270?). There were a few stock and mildly modded LS1s at that same dyno day putting down 310, 320, even 330 rwhp. Of those cars that have been to the strip none of them could match my ET. Most couldn't even match my trap speed, which makes no sense assuming they really did make more power.
Timeslips > dyno numbers.

edited for spelling

Last edited by TommyV8; 03-06-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: The Official DA Thread