The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Integra 500fwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
The B20 is out of the CRV, you're thinking about the K20.
Ya, your prob right, even thought I thought I heard some1 say they put a K20 (which would not surprise me) into their civic. Most of them talk about the motor from the new SI and the RSX TYPE S, which like you said, is the K20.

But hey, at least I got the 20 part correct(lol). There's plenty of GM guys (before the 2011 GT came out) asking me if my car was a 5.0L and never knew that they went to a 4.6
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

i wouldnt judge a book by its cover man...

i 'just work' in a supermarket, and i have two stangs, an f150 and own my own house. Its really how you manage your money and how dedicated you are to saving. A friend of mine is always saying "i wish i could afford a car as fast as your GT..." and he makes a good bit more money than me... but insists on wearing affliction/ed hardy everything, and goes out to bars trying to act like a pimp and buy rounds for everyone... its all how you manage the cash you have... me, id rather chill with my friends in my backyard with a 30 pack (that probably costs as much as two mixed drinks at a bar), and buy markdown rack tshirts/jeans from old navy...

If the car is legit, its probably making the 500 on a full 25psi and race gas. More than likely a daily driven 300 - 350 on 15psi/93 octane... The k20 is a damn easy motor to build, boost and tune to stupid numbers, but theres a few honda motors that respond well if built right. a built/boosted b18c is no joke in a lighter car (teggy's are usually kinda heavy compared to a civic hatch) and back when I had my 94 accord, I swapped in a rebuilt H22 from a 2001 prelude that was almost 200fwhp on motor alone... (2.3 liter block, ported/polished h22 head, skunk 2 stage II cams, 12:1 comp ratio pistons, header/catback, intake etc etc)...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by GT03 TJS
i wouldnt judge a book by its cover man...

i 'just work' in a supermarket, and i have two stangs, an f150 and own my own house. Its really how you manage your money and how dedicated you are to saving. A friend of mine is always saying "i wish i could afford a car as fast as your GT..." and he makes a good bit more money than me... but insists on wearing affliction/ed hardy everything, and goes out to bars trying to act like a pimp and buy rounds for everyone... its all how you manage the cash you have... me, id rather chill with my friends in my backyard with a 30 pack (that probably costs as much as two mixed drinks at a bar), and buy markdown rack tshirts/jeans from old navy...

If the car is legit, its probably making the 500 on a full 25psi and race gas. More than likely a daily driven 300 - 350 on 15psi/93 octane... The k20 is a damn easy motor to build, boost and tune to stupid numbers, but theres a few honda motors that respond well if built right. a built/boosted b18c is no joke in a lighter car (teggy's are usually kinda heavy compared to a civic hatch) and back when I had my 94 accord, I swapped in a rebuilt H22 from a 2001 prelude that was almost 200fwhp on motor alone... (2.3 liter block, ported/polished h22 head, skunk 2 stage II cams, 12:1 comp ratio pistons, header/catback, intake etc etc)...

Normally I would agree with you, buuuuutt, a kid on a mall job budget? I highly doubt it lol....I just wanted to see how likely a car of this magnitude would be built.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

the highest paying job other than management at our mall is 9 dollars an hour
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

It's completely possible. My car lays down 400 on 14 psi with stock cams and intake mani with a 60-1 turbo. I should be able to pick up another 30-50 whp swapping the IM and cams, and possibly another 20 or so with a turbo swap (gt35r) at around the same boost level. My tuner doesn't really like going much past 450 or so with just pump gas, but there are some out there that have done over 500 on pump. I wanna play it safe (safer) and will be using water/meth when I shoot for 500 this summer. Why dump money in the platform? I ask myself that same question. For me, I'm not super mechanicly inclined, and it's seems like the easiest platform to work on. Parts for it are pretty cheap compared to a lot of other cars, and built the right way, can make some power. It doesn't hurt that the cars are light either. My teg is around 2450 lbs or so and I have a full interior. I know I'll never be the fastest at the track, but I don't really give a ****, I can beat most stuff on the street. It's all for fun with me. There is always someone faster, doesn't matter how many cylinders you have, how much boost, fwd, rwd, awd, there is gonna be someone faster, better driver , or just plain has more money than you. So I look at it as I beat what I beat, and I lose what I lose.

Dude could be bull****ting you, but you never know. If he lives with his parents, and doesn't have to pay rent, bills, etc, and can dump entire paychecks into his car, then it's really not that hard to believe. Hell if I still lived with my folks and didn't have to pay for anything I'd have a 1000 whp tire shredder, lol!!!

Anyhow, for those wondering where I've been, I got a new tv last year and have been taking full advantage of it!! Lol. Had been playing lots of call of duty mw2, battlefield and halo, and watching movies with my girl. Didn't really get on the computer to much. No good races or anything to write about so I just never posted anything.

My cars has been out of commision for about a week now from racing an sti. Still having the same problem I did last year of getting locked into and out of gears, which is the reason I messed up the trans. Got locked into 3rd, then in my struggle to get it out of gear, i must have been pulling toward me to get more leverage and popped it right into second! I have video of it. It sounded like death. If you pause the Vid just right, you can see my tach pegged at 9500 rpms. Luckly the motor survived, but the trans needed new bearings. I took the oppritunity to put in some new carbon synchros aswell. Got everything back together and in the car, and now it won't start. I'm pretty sure the starter was on it's way out before this happend, so I'm guessing it just died it's final death. Hopefully I can fix that tommorow, because if I can't, I'm screed because I'm selling the 350z in the morning. Anyhow, sorry to hijack the thread. I'll be posting more I'm sure as this summer is gonna be pretty good I think.

Last edited by Red Turbo Integra; 04-09-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

not to take this thread further off topic BUT it's nice to see some people on MF that have knowledge of other cars besides just mustangs

turbo teg if you ever need a tune or a build I know some real good honda guys in carlisle pa near harrisburg, they do GREAT work their website: http://www.innovative-motorworks.com/