The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

My LT1 vs Cobalt SS T/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Hard to find a nice SRT-4 like PD found. I was looking for on for my daughter and most are beat to death. I think a nice silver Cobaltss with the small spoiler or no spoiler on back would be awesome. They don't scream look at me but are still quick. Might not catch the cops attention.
Yeah, others I looked at were ragged. Engine bay was a mess, no telling what was done to it/tuned etc. High miles. I found mine, talked to the previous owner and everything with only 42K on it..though I had to dish out some moniez. It was right below $14K. IMO not a bad deal, if I would have bought a stock one and dished out the 6 grand for all it's mods I would have spent more anyways. Main plus was it was tuned and the clutch, etc was all installed by Nigel @ TDS. Just wish it was White or Blue.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:17 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I traded my high rise spoiler for one of the smaller ones as well. The big one looked alright I guess, but being as old as I am, I felt a little strange in a bright red SS with that thing towering in the rear.... not to mention I couldn't see a damn thing through the back glass.
I like the lower spoiler. takes the ricer right out of the Cobalt. But sinse I'm a ricer at heart my big wing is on forever. PD I really wanted a red one. But the blue is probably the most attention getting on a skittle.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 12-04-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:25 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Ive been planning on buying a wingless trunk and getting a PVO lip molded..I love they way it looks and it wouldn't make my car stand out as much...I think the gold wheels killed that part though. The Yellow Srt-4's stands out alot too.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:43 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Ive been planning on buying a wingless trunk and getting a PVO lip molded..I love they way it looks and it wouldn't make my car stand out as much...I think the gold wheels killed that part though. The Yellow Srt-4's stands out alot too.
Thats a real good look. Wish they would have came from the factory with the PVO style spoiler.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Just got back a little bit ago from the dealer. Took it for a spin, and loved it even with the crappy weather we're having right now. Didn't really get on the gas too much, because of wet pavement. But, has some nice pull around town just getting up and going in traffic. Talked to the salesman a little while about a few things but didn't go too far in depth yet. They also told me they just had a silver '09 with a couple more options (leather and high rise spoiler) traded in with either 13k or 17k on it for a couple grand less. So, I'll look into it a little bit too, once I get the T/A sold. But, thinking I'll definately be buying one of them in the near future.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by tspence45
I've always kind of been a bigger fan of the Cobalt (Chevy guy at heart, lol). Plus, I want something that's brand new, that hasn't really been beat on before. Plus, there's a lot of SRT-4's around this area. Don't see too many Cobalt SS T/C's really.
Honestly, I have yet to see one, and truthfully, I don't want to considering how much faster it is than me from a roll
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Good luck on the T/A ...worst time to unload an Fbody right now.

It was fun this weekend with the near foot of snow we had. The only time of year I get looks or comments on my Camaro... not positive comments mind you but 'you can drive that in the snow?' comes up a lot. lol

Sounds the SS will make a nice replacement. Cool cars...I looked at one before I bought my Z28. Just couldn't get over the fwd thing .. always something odd about the balance even if they are better in tight curves than my car is.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

I heard you guys got a lot of snow up by the QC. We barely got anything here. The only guys I've had wanting the T/A are from kinda far away, where the weather must be a little nicer this time of year. I'm hoping I can find a buyer sometime. I did just have a guy on another forum offer me a modded SS S/C for the T/A and a little cash. He said his S/C would be faster than a stock T/C. But, I'm still kind of deadset on the black T/C. I need to go talk to the dealer again sometime this week, and see if I could get a good deal worked out on the car.

Last edited by tspence45; 12-06-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:54 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

yeah we got hammered... Ill check around up here for some deals (been at lujacks?)
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
yeah we got hammered... Ill check around up here for some deals (been at lujacks?)
We've actually been getting snow all day here. It hasn't really stuck though. There's a little bit starting to show up on the roads, but not too bad. And no, I haven't checked Lujacks. The only time I've been looking it the Cities at cars, Cobalts haven't really crossed my mind. I was more focused on checking out the yellow '03 Cobra sitting at Dahl. lol. I'd love to have that car. But, it's a little out of my price range for a car that old.

Quick Reply: My LT1 vs Cobalt SS T/C