The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Brake Boosting

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:29 PM
piperporsche180944
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
hmm.. if the arguement is you would have lost the race if you didn't brake boost then yes, you would be correct. If the arguement is that because you can brake boost and he can't you won then no, that is incorrect.

right?
The argument is that brake boosting has no effect on speed or instant power.

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
you beat the transmission, the driver has nothing to do with dead spots in a transmission or starting late because of throttle positioning sensor lag.... and brake boosting had nothing to do with that either.... I'm glad Erik chimed in and told me when he put it in manual mode the tides turned though... it just proves my theory on what happened in that race
I beat the driver, he chose to start in automatic mode when he could have been in manual mode. Watch the video with your volume up, you can clearly hear his transmission downshift and he starts accelerating a little after I do. However a second in a race is a huge deal and Im not being sarcastic. In automatic mode I pull on him about 2 cars and keep my lead to 150mph where we let off. In manual mode he is able to start in second and gradually pulls a 2 car lead. Erik and I will make some new race videos in manual mode, you willing to lend your photographic hand? You can videotape out of my sunroof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulN2ywAfFM

when can we just drop this and admit you brake boosting did not give you a two-three car length lead on that vette within 2 seconds on only 15PSI?
His transmission did hesitate for about a second, I guess thats good for a 3 car jump. As I said above, we will be making some more car ****

also, other LS2 GTO's have trapped 109MPH bone stock but that doesn't mean my car is a 109MPH car, even after my tune... my car is a 106MPH car... because that's what MY car ran

I'm not doubting your car will trap faster but in the racing world we don't normally use other peoples cars to say that is what our cars will run
I know that no car is the same and there are a lot of variables to factor in even if it is the same model. My best trap of the night was ****, 108mph. All Im saying is a 10mph difference in a 1/4 mile is huge in two cars that have the exact same build, boost, and weight. The 13.6@106 was my cleanest run and I was still disappointed with my time so I turned the boost up to 20lbs, that was bad news.

Fixed the exhaust leak between the crossover pipe/wastegate/turbocharger. With the boost set low at 15lbs I got a 13.2@109 on streets. The best trap of the day was 111mph. Erik and I ran after I got the exhaust fixed, I didnt brake boost and we were door to door at 15lbs.

Last edited by Stkjock; 05-03-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: merging consecutive posts - please edit