The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

first race with tune/cai

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Default first race with tune/cai

this race happened about a month or so ago, but i was running the 93 tune from brenspeed with the steeda cai. i ran a buddy's '03 g35 6 spd from a dig, 20, 40, 50, and a 60 roll. it was hot out, about 105 but we decided to go for it anyways. from a dig i spun pretty bad because i have those ****ty pirellis that cant hook worth a damn on the street, so he got the jump but i reeled him in quickly and passed him at about 50 and kept pulling. we jump on the interstate, and go from 50, we both hit it and i immediately put about 2-3 cars on him by the time we're at about 90, and i kept pulling. we did two 60 rolls in 3rd gear, the first one i pulled immediately and kept going, but the next one we were dead even for a second and then once 70 came up i started to pull away from him. now we go for a 20 roll just to see how much more torque i'm putting down. we hit it, i spin pretty bad, shift quickly to 2nd and catch and start to walk away from him. he said he was impressed at how long my shifts seemed to last, and he was in it all the way. now that its cooler i wanna go for another go and see if its about the same. its supposed to be in the upper 50's this weekend, and i know i'l benefit greatly from that. i hate heat soak and thats what i think killed me on that 2nd 60 roll. he's got a borla exhaust and a k&n filter. nice car, i got to drive it and i was actually impressed considering i thought all the g35 coupes were dogs when it came to acceleration. does it sound like i did alright? i wanna make sure i can take out another buddies challenger r/t, he's been talking alot of smack about how he takes out gt's like nobody's business.....i wanna put him in his place
Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Well from what I have seen you will beat your buddies RT with no problem as these cars are heavy as hell.Now if he is modded that will be another story.I have ran the charger daytonas that are purple or that bright *** green and really had no problem,but like i said they were stock and I have my CAI and tune.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

yeah i feel confident about the challenger, if we run from a dig i'm gonna have to find a stretch of road that isn't ****ty and can grip pretty well. i ran a challenger rt when i didn't have the intake and tune and i held up pretty well. he started reeling me in 130+, that extra hp really helps alot up top. i could take one now i feel, and its not hot as hell in the afternoons.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good run against your buddy's G35. I like Infiniti, hence owning one myself. Pretty stout cars for what they are. Your run sounds about right.

Not real informed on the Challys, but I'm pretty sure you'll handle him just fine. He should be right around where your buddy's G35 is, maybe a tick faster up top. In other words, I would expect about the same results with the R/T that you had with the G35.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

yeah i agree, they are pretty stout cars. i was really impressed with it, for an 03 it still has pretty good performance. i read somewhere the coupes from '03 with a stick can trap 100+. yeah i want to run the chally too, i read somwehwere however that a stock one ran 106 in the 1/4 so i was a little worried but i figured i could still take him out up top too