The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Really wanna race this guy....

Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol I bet at 110mph it feels like you're floating on a giant sofa

I really like those old cruiser sedans with big honkin' V-8 with gobbs of torque.. nothing like it!
lol, don't be jealous. I love this car.

Here is a link to a thread I made when I bought the car, check on the interior, look at the seats:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...then-most.html

The leather is high quality, and as soft as butter. It does bounce a little too much over sharp/big bumps, but its still awesome.

one day I'll put a turbo on it, and make some power, but even now, it surprise's a lot of people, they think just because its a GIANT car, its slow, when the are actually pretty quick.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:14 AM
CamOnlyWS6
1st Gear Member

You should win no problem, Dodge did a fine job with the motors they put in their cars but the cars they put them in are an epic fail as far as performance. Looks wise they are fine, but back to the question....From a dig if you can drive I say you win by 3-4 cars.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

It's a high 12 / low 13 second car stock... the 392s roll out and while I keep seeing ridiculous claims mid 12s from a 392 in great conditions is about what I would expect.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:27 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CamOnlyWS6
You should win no problem, Dodge did a fine job with the motors they put in their cars but the cars they put them in are an epic fail as far as performance. Looks wise they are fine, but back to the question....From a dig if you can drive I say you win by 3-4 cars.
I wouldn't call it an epic fail... the new Camaro SS has the same issue...big badass motor and too much weight to run great performance numbers. Only the Dodge is a comfortable cruiser that's not pretending to be a sports car.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
CamOnlyWS6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I wouldn't call it an epic fail... the new Camaro SS has the same issue...big badass motor and too much weight to run great performance numbers. Only the Dodge is a comfortable cruiser that's not pretending to be a sports car.
100% agreed, the 5th gens are boats. The car companies seem to be overduing the luxaries in these "sports" cars. Yes give them the power options but they don't need seats that weigh as the person that sits in them, and they don't need to be as wide as a semi truck either.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you should take him, as to the Challenger driver running his mouth comment I have experienced it to from them on a few occasions.

As a matter of fact a customer at my work today was asking me about my mustang and started saying how he didnt think I could "keep up with his big ole Hemi with the bigger camshaft" and all that.

I just told him I liked his car, and maybe we'll meet out at a light one day.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:05 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

My moneys on you solider, do work son.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:42 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
lol, don't be jealous. I love this car.

Here is a link to a thread I made when I bought the car, check on the interior, look at the seats:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/off-...then-most.html

The leather is high quality, and as soft as butter. It does bounce a little too much over sharp/big bumps, but its still awesome.

one day I'll put a turbo on it, and make some power, but even now, it surprise's a lot of people, they think just because its a GIANT car, its slow, when the are actually pretty quick.
I just checked out that link.. pretty bad ***

Damn, that thing is a boat but I bet it stays planted and feels stable as fvck at high speeds! I thought about getting an older Dodge Magnum RT down the line when I start a family soon. I like the Chargers and all but I'd rather have a Magnum for some very odd reason lol
Old 11-26-2011, 02:58 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I just checked out that link.. pretty bad ***

Damn, that thing is a boat but I bet it stays planted and feels stable as fvck at high speeds! I thought about getting an older Dodge Magnum RT down the line when I start a family soon. I like the Chargers and all but I'd rather have a Magnum for some very odd reason lol
it suprisingly is pretty well balanced, throwing it around a corner hard, it has body roll of a small SUV, but nothing serious. It's actually pretty good. Must be the full body frame? keeping a lot of weight VERY low on the car?

last tank drove a little more highway then normal, so probably 50/50 driving, and got 20.3mpg.

Only downside I see of the car is stupid perfromance stuff I want to add. As a daily driver the only downside is the bad gasmileage, but I'll give up gas mileage when I think back on how BORING my ford focus was, and it feels like a coffin when I sit in any other car after being in the roadmaster, being that the roadmaster is so damn wide/big.

between the comfort, massive torque, great sounding exhaust, and being fun as hell to drive, I will gladly give up some MPG.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:05 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

?? shiet.. I get about 16mpg on average lulz @3.90 per gallon, that gets expensive!

I also just saw a Buick Roadmaster today, It was baby blue or similar color and it was CLEAN.. I recognize it's profile from your pics. Pretty bad *** imo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Really wanna race this guy....